How to connect Teamviewer to DVR when it only has one LAN port?

ajaj990

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been getting a couple of calls where I needed to Team Viewer into the PC, but the DVR doesn't have a second LAN port.
I've asked if the customer could plug the PC into one of the router ports, but I'm still not able to get in.
Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

And it sometimes happens with NVRs where I can't access their PC remotely when they're plugged into the back (either with the LAN or one of the POE ports) or the router.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been getting a couple of calls where I needed to Team Viewer into the PC, but the DVR doesn't have a second LAN port.
I've asked if the customer could plug the PC into one of the router ports, but I'm still not able to get in.
Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

And it sometimes happens with NVRs where I can't access their PC remotely when they're plugged into the back (either with the LAN or one of the POE ports) or the router.
The PC your're attempting to access remotely with Teamviewer and the DVR/NVR must be on the same LAN and on the same subnet, if you're also wanting to access the DVR/NVR via that same PC; additionally that same LAN must Internet access.

FWIW, the DVR not having "a second LAN port" is not the issue.

ajaj990

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know.

And if the Ethernet connection doesn't have an internet connection, would you fix it by going to the network connections and selecting the Ethernet then setting the DNS server addresses to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4? Or are there any other ways to set up internet connection?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And if the Ethernet connection doesn't have an internet connection, would you fix it by going to the network connections and selecting the Ethernet then setting the DNS server addresses to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4? Or are there any other ways to set up internet connection?
IMO, before an accurate answer can be provided, a sketch of your current network topology (physical layout) is needed.
Be sure to show the Internet source from the ISP (modem/router), the PC or PC's, network switches if any, the NVR/DVR's, etc. and how they are currently connected.

Last edited: