How not to position cameras.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So a neighbor of mine, for sometime has been picking my brain about cams. I've tried to educate him......to no avail.

He tells me a couple days ok, he got a great deal on a system, his grandson had found it on black friday, and offered to install it for him.
I think I will start hiring his grandson to do my camera installs. He has imagination. /snark
I believe it is this fine system, but not sure.

Camera placement at it's best.
1614460252542.png

Reaction score
never understood why folks angle the camera to catch 1/2 of the sky. Is the expectation to catch prowler climbing highest point of the trees? Are the people in Indiana 12' tall? Does your neighborhood have a Spiderman problem?
Ask your neighbor come morning time for night time shots :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are they copper downspouts and soffits thus more valuable :p

I have seen worse installs...including one posted here today....

At least camera 1 doesn't have a lot of sky in it lol.

By about May I think camera 4 will have the best picture of them all:cool:

CenterDev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
never understood why folks angle the camera to catch 1/2 of the sky. Is the expectation to catch prowler climbing highest point of the trees? Are the people in Indiana 12' tall? Does your neighborhood have a Spiderman problem?
Ask your neighbor come morning time for night time shots :)
They have the camera up just in case someone uses stilts ;)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt the neighbor is capable of retrieving any footage. He'll have to wait for the grandson to return.

Oh, oh I just found out that the grandson works for a guy installing these. And Night Owl is the go to brand. :banghead:
I bet that's why my opinion was overruled. ;)

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns - tell them you are impressed with their work and are looking to get out of self installing and would like a quote to have them install their system into your house and let's all laugh at how much that comes back at :p

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns - tell them you are impressed with their work and are looking to get out of self installing and would like a quote to have them install their system into your house and let's all laugh at how much that comes back at :p
Sorry, I'm not sure I could restrain myself from going off on them. :smash: