How do I get Foscam to automatically show on Fire Tablet when motion is detected?

Ian D

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought a Foscam S41 with a view to installing it over my front door. I have connected it via the Alexa skill and it is visible on screen when I say 'Alexa Show the Front Door'.

The camera is set up to provide notifications when people move into view. I would like Alexa to show the camera automatically on screen (a new Fire tablet) when the camera detects motion.

There are several examples of people doing this via an Alexa routine with Ring or Blink cameras, but the 'Motion Detection' trigger doesn't seem to be available via the Foscam Alexa skill. I use Foscam cameras elsewhere so don't really want to switch to a Ring or Blink camera.

I guess I could buy a third party motion sensor, but I'd rather use the camera functionality instead.

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your Foscam has the latest firmware as indicated here and still no joy, consider loading Tinycam Pro and Tasker on the Fire tablet and let TC Pro run in the background, detect the motion and have Tasker display the cam.

A post from @alexvas , the creator of Tinycam in March 2018 ==>> tinyCam + Fire TV = popup on motion detection work in progress

Note his last paragraph:
"If you have sideloaded Tasker or other automation app on Fire TV, you can setup displaying floating window when motion occurred in background in tinyCam PRO. tinyCam has Tasker plugin."
Also note that he's referring to the Pro (ad free) version for a whopping $4, not the free ad-supported version.

Ian D

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks @TonyR

I'm afraid I'm brand new to Tasker and TinyCam Pro. Both are now paid for, installed and running (with TinyCam working in the background) but I'll need a simpler walkthrough of how to get the TinyCam Pro plug-in working, and then how to set up Tasker to open a floating window when motion is detected.

Can you please point me towards some simple tutorials?

Thanks again.

Ian D

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I did get this to work with tinyCam Monitor PRO ant Tasker. Also found that I could use AutoVoice to generate an Alexa routine to display the camera full screen via Alexa - i.e. Show the Front Door - rather than showing it via the TinyCam Monitor App.