How Do I Export At The Same Rate As Stored Clip

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My garbage man hit my mailbox and I want to send the video to the company. I used the red and green sliders to pick the section I want but after I export it, the playback is slower. My 4 min clip turns into an 8 min clip that is running at half the frames? I clicked the configure box in the export section to see if there was something I should change but I'm not sure what. How do I export an exact copy of my clip?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the Convert/export window, is the Time-lapse box is unchecked?

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it is unchecked. I have also tried checked.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It still sounds like a framerate issue. What framerate are you recording from your cameras at in BI? And when you play back your exported clip, what does it say the framerate is? Do you see the same result when viewing the exported file in various programs? VLC vs Window's "Movies & TV?"

Do you have "Re-encode video" checked? If you're recording Direct-to-Disk and export with "Re-encode video" unchecked, BI will export the media exactly as it was received from the camera.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm recording Direct-to-Disk at 60 fps. Up until now I have only played back in Blue Iris and that works fine.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
only a guess, but if you're recording at 60fps and most (standard) viewers play at 30fps, then 30sec of 60fps would take 60sec to play at 30fps.

what you (may) need to do is export video at 30fps, or less, for external (non BI) players.