How do I add a custom cam URL in BI ?

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 3 cams currently working flawlessly with BlueIris v.3.
  • 1x Wanscam
  • 2x Foscam

I have recently purchased a cheap 'no-name' IP cam. It's model is titled 'Top-201'. It was an amazingly low price and I purchased it to add a review in the forum. I want to see if it's possible to add the cam in BlueIris and I'm having a bit of difficulty. In the Blue Iris cam config, there are fields to add a 'Video Path' and 'Video Params'. I have the video stream URL as the cam is auto detected in other software NVR's, 'iSpy' and 'Xeoma'. Although I don't seem to be able to add the URL's in BlueIris. None of the variations I try seem to work.

Is there any correct syntax format or way to add a URL for the video stream in BlueIris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
select the generic stream from the top of the list, then add your custom path....make sure you have set the correct ports, user name and password.

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have done as you suggest, and get 'No Signal'. I check by purposely entering incorrect 'user' or 'port' and the message then becomes 'cannot connect' so I have a feeling it is connecting but for some reason, not displaying. Any suggestions?

...I have also noticed that the connection shows 2.50fps, but the Bitrate is 0.00kB/s - and no signal.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Double check the port number and user name/password..

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I will check again to confirm it is all fine. I might actually change it from the default port, even though there is no conflicts it might be worth a try.

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well... as much as I was sure that there were no issues with the ports, it looks like that was my problem. I changed all the ports (HTTP/RSTP/TCP/Media) from the default and re-entered the URL to the Video Path. Bang! Display sorted. TOP-201 is now running in BlueIris, no problems.