How can I record live feed on my PC from my p2p ipcam?

dedalus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys!

So I have this ip cam that connects via p2p with an app called camHI. All I want to do is find a way to record more than the sd card's limit which is half a day. I need to record for at least two days of live feed.
How can I do this guys?
Im in a real need for your advice because there is some crazy shit going on in my backyard and I need to have evidence!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
p2p uses a cloud which can be an off-shore server and possibly sketchy in terms of security (your network) and future dependability but if you're willing to still use it, read on.

Maybe, just maybe, the easiest would be to put that same app, CamHI, on your PC. The app is for Android but you can install an Android emulator like BlueStack, also available on the Google Play store, on your PC and run the app. That method is explained ==>> here.

If all this is too many hoops to jump through then consider, at least in the future, installing some quality outdoor POE turret IP cameras and record to a POE NVR or to a Windows 10 PC using the affordable, flexible VMS software, Blue Iris.

And "Welcome to IPCT !" :wave:

dedalus

n3wb
Reaction score
p2p uses a cloud which can be an off-shore server and possibly sketchy in terms of security (your network) and future dependability but if you're willing to still use it, read on.

Maybe, just maybe, the easiest would be to put that same app, CamHI, on your PC. The app is for Android but you can install an Android emulator like BlueStack, also available on the Google Play store, on your PC and run the app. That method is explained ==>> here.

If all this is too many hoops to jump through then consider, at least in the future, installing some quality outdoor POE turret IP cameras and record to a POE NVR or to a Windows 10 PC using the affordable, flexible VMS software, Blue Iris.

And "Welcome to IPCT !" :wave:
Nice idea! And like, record the Bluestacks window that has the live feed from camHI. Seems good enough! I can try it on an old dedicated laptop! BTW Blue Iris seems very interesting. I will take a look. Thank you for the answer!

looping27

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I answer late, the author may have found a solution, but my answer may be useful for other users.
For all CamHi compatible cameras, if you want to record the live video stream (and audio stream) on your computer, you can use Windows software "IP Camera Client" when using your camera in local network or "HiP2P software Client" when you use your camera from the internet (UID).
These 2 softwares are free and increase the capacities of use of these cameras (multiple views and multiple screens, zoom in the image, replay in multiple view, accelerated reading and slowed reading...). You will find these 2 software on the Internet with Google, sometimes in a software pack provided for these cameras. Please note that these software only works with Camhi compatible cameras.

Attachments