Holiday Settings

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this Holiday Settings page actually does?
I have never set anything on there as i didnt know what it would do to my storage schedule of events etc.

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure, but my assumption would be it's used for recording or alert schedules.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not anything useful from the in-built help :
Holiday allows you to set the recording schedule on holiday for the year.

1. Select a holiday item and enable it
  2. Edit the selected holiday.
  3. Set Holiday Name, Type, Start Date, and End Date.
  4. Click OK.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's actually pretty useful for when you travel. If you have one or more cameras that are for 24/7 recording only - not meant for triggered events - you can set up a "holiday schedule" to enable triggered events and alerts while you are away and you will be notified. For example, one of my cameras covering the front of the house is set only for 24/7 recording. I do not have smart events setup, and therefore no alerts, because of where it points. Otherwise it would alert me every time we left or came home in a car. So all it does is record 24/7. But when we're away on vacation or whatever, I do want to know if cars pull into my driveway, so I engage the "holiday" setting to alert me. I have the same for one of my indoor cameras.

Basically it allows you to setup two different smart event schedules and toggle between them. It's been years since I set mine up or I'd do a walk through for you.

Last edited: