Hikvision Video WiFi video door bell DS-KB6003-WIP

Caretaker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I would like to say Hello, as this is my first post.

I have installed Hikvision Video WiFi video door bell DS-KB6003-WIP and I want to connect to my existing Byron Ding Dong Chime, used to run on 8V 1Amp transformer.

however I am now replacing the Door bell push ring to Video Door bell, which is this New Video Door bell needs 24Volt and the Amp of the this new Video Door bell is 0.6Amp.

I am only having 1 chime only, but due to New Video Door bell I have to replace the transformer to 24 Volt and I was not sure to which Amp to get transformer 1.5Amp or 2.0Amp or 3.0Amp on a 24 Volt Transformer, as it say 24 Volt on the Hikvision Video Door Bell.

Chime on it own only needs 8-12 Volt and 1Amp transformer, but if I connect the Hikvision Video WiFi video door bell DS-KB6003-WIP wiring on the same as the Ding Dong chime,then the chime on 24Volt it may get burnt out or keep making buzzing noise.

On the installation it is saying 24Volt, but I am not sure the Amp, as I will be operating the Video Door Bell and the Ding Dong Chime. 24V Ac will be ok for the Hikvision video door bell,but not for chime.m

How many Amps do I need for the Transformer is it 1amp or 2 amp, as I will need 24Volt Ac.

PROTEK Bell Transformer Din Rail Mounted 8V 16V 24V For Nest & Ring Door Bell | eBay

This was on the data sheet of Hikvision video door bell DS-KB6003-WIP
Power supply 16 VAC to 24 VAC

Power Frequency 50hz to 60 hzz

Power Consumtion 0.6A

Power Consumtion 12W

Your help will be Appreciated.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I see you're in the beautiful UK, so a normal US 120VAC transformer won't work for you.
Generally, you'll want 20VA or greater (like 30VA) capacity.

They certainly want a hefty price for such a simple transformer, don't they? :(

Found this Gewiss GW96434 at amazon.co.uk and the first reviewer explicitly states they use it with their Hikvision doorbell camera. :)

Last edited:

Caretaker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Vorlonfrog,
Thank you for your reply.

Beautiful Uk , but weather is always raining North west England.

I was looking for transformer and too many on the market from 8V, 12V, 16V and 24V.

Some are 8V and 24V, some are 8V, 12V and 16V , some are 8V, 12V and 24V. There so many brands Protex and these protek transformer price varies.

I have found from our local screwfix Transformer Din rail, so I need to buy small 1 way consumer box, don’t have space in the consumer box.

The below is the link but not sure on the Va, but I can try and I know the video door bell will work and won’t burn the unit, just the Ding Dong Chime , as I heard it may keep buzzing due to voltage difference, as it 24 V and only required 8V to 12V for the Ding Dong Chime or it damaged the Ding Dong Chime.

In DC the 20va or 30Va will be equivalent to 20 Watts or 30 Watts.

What about the AC what is 20Va or 30Va, I got some calculations from website?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-8-24v-8-va-bell-transformer-module/8707p

Attachments

Caretaker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Vorlonfrog,

Just to give you update, I purchased the Bell transformer from Screwfix 8-24V ,It says 8va , but the one I bought it did not have the Va mentioned, but it worked for me, it rings the Door bell and also the Chime and there is No buzzing sound and the Transformer is quite. I would recommend this transformer I have had it for 2 days and had no issue as yet. I have also ordered from Toolstation the 2 way enclosure to put the transformer inside , as it is Din rail type transformer. It is working really good at the moment, so the Output Va is doing the job, if it s 8Va. The below is the link

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-8-24v-8-va-bell-transformer-module/8707p

There was one on the Amazon which was 24V and 30Va ,but on the comments it says 40Va, when he actually received the Transformer and he also bought the Hikvison and it worked fine for him, but the above is the cheaper option costed £8.95 from screwfix..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gewiss-am-GW96434-Voltage-24-V-Transformer/dp/B0085AHCPI/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5V79YXXGZ0VMMXVCEW65

Reaction score
Just to give you update, I purchased the Bell transformer from Screwfix 8-24V ,It says 8va , but the one I bought it did not have the Va mentioned, but it worked for me, it rings the Door bell and also the Chime and there is No buzzing sound and the Transformer is quite. I would recommend this transformer I have had it for 2 days and had no issue as yet. I have also ordered from Toolstation the 2 way enclosure to put the transformer inside , as it is Din rail type transformer. It is working really good at the moment, so the Output Va is doing the job, if it s 8Va. The below is the link

There was one on the Amazon which was 24V and 30Va ,but on the comments it says 40Va, when he actually received the Transformer and he also bought the Hikvision and it worked fine for him, but the above is the cheaper option costed £8.95 from screwfix..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gewiss-am-GW96434-Voltage-24-V-Transformer/dp/B0085AHCPI/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5V79YXXGZ0VMMXVCEW65
£8.95 sounds perfectly reasonable. I really don't understand how or why anybody would pay £20 or more for a simple transformer. Thank you for sharing your find, I'm certain other UK readers will definitely appreciate you posting the information.

Caretaker

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes this will benefit other UK reader.

What I find now is , I have changed the Broadband provider from Vodafone to Virgin media and the my Hikvison tend to go offline, but the ding dome chime works, power there, Blue light is solid, but I phone Hikvison told me there is an issue with this model, told me to update the firmware, Doorbell firmware for KB6003 V2.1.0_181224 and see how it goes. So I am trying to work out how to upgrade the file, I have even wifi extender near to the Video door bell, so the wifi should not be the issue. I don't know unless if I reset agan re start again as new installation. I don't know if any of the guys on the forum had this issue or not.

Caretaker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I hope you are all well, my Video bell has been working fine up to now, where there was issue at the beginning for WiFi but after that it was working fine from WiFi and Ding dong.
Lately it was Losing WiFi and the ding dong was working it self intermittently, so the ding dong was ringing itself and nobody pressed the door bell or any motion detection.
Rang Uk Hikvision support technical team said it could be WiFi or your power may be transformer or your Byron windings copper wire.
So I disconnected the video Doorbell and try and and see what is the cause and touchwood the doorbell was working fine on standby and drop in WiFi.
So transformer looks fine and I set it to 16v Ac and it was showing same reading on transformer and video bell.
I did press the button and it did ring the video door bell on the phone.
I suspect it may be the Ding Dong winding, don’t know how to check. So I might try and disconnect the wiring from Byron Ding Dong and see how it goes and may need to replace the Ding Dong.