HikVision terminating Hik-Online DDNS Service

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was surprised to log into HikVision's DDNS service Hik-Online.com to be presented with a notice indicating that HikVision would be terminating the service. They are switching to a new service, providing a cut over period. That I can live with. But what was more concerning is the replacement. So far, a mobile only application that isn't finding my installed devices. Do I have to go in and set up all my devices to the new site? It's all very confusing. As usual for HikVision, a poorly written Chinglish description and no supporting documentation to be found anywhere on the web. This is pretty much the last straw for me with HikVision and their convoluted support and documentation. All my devices are accessed remotely and at the moment, I see nothing in the new website Hik-Connect.com that will allow me to have PC based remote access to my cameras. The mobile app is asking me for the password to the Wi-Fi to which I am already connected. No thanks. Here's the web page when you log into HikVisions DDNS service:

"NOTICE
To Our Valued Customers,

HiDDNS (www.hik-online.com) is a Dynamic Domain Name Service provided by Hikvision to our customers for remote access demands during the past years. As the use base continues to grow, a new platform with enhanced supporting capacity is extremely expected. To meet this certain needs, Hikvision is now introducing a cloud-based service for extranet access called Hik-Connect, which integrates Dynamic Domain Name Service and alarm push notification service.

This means that the current HiDDNS (www.hik-online.com) is determined to discontinue providing the following services in designating steps.

Timeline
Action Details
December 30th 2016 HiDDNS Web Portal (user account management system) will be closed. HiDDNS user account registration and login block.
Per device’s HiDDNS functionality is not affected. Users will continue to be able to access each device via domain URL or through iVMS-4200/iVMS-4500 client software.
February 16th 2017 New devices can no longer be registered using current HiDDNS platform. Previously registered devices will continue to function on HiDDNS platform.
Due to this change, all our customers using the HiDDNS service need to migrate to Hik-Connect. Alternatively, customers still have the option to use any other third-party DDNS, such as DynDNS, NO-IP and PeanutHull.

Hikvision will do its utmost to assist all customers to change smoothly to this service. Please feel free to contact our local technical support team or email support@hikvision.com for assistance. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this convert and thanks again for your continuous support!

Yours sincerely,
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. with its subsidiarie"

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you already have ddns set up you can continue to use it. New accounts will not be able to be registered after the February date specified.

chris5a

n3wb
Reaction score
I like to use dynu.com free and easy setup!
I use dynu.com for DDNS for my PC already. With the HikVision camera how do you setup DDNS? In Advanced Configuration > DDNS the drop down for DDNS Type shows HiDDNS, IPServer, DynDNS, NO-IP.

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I signed up for a paid Dyn account and established DDNS domains for my Wi-Fi routers in different locations. The routers are keeping the DDNS service updated. But I am having problems with the HikVision NVR, which I have set to update another DDNS domain (Just to see if it is working). The Wi-Fi router only asks for the domain, username and password. HikVision asked for the server address as well. I'm not sure what that is. I read that it is members.dyndns.org, but I still see "Connect to server failed" in the server status. I have yet to test the Dahua NVR in another location to see if it has the same problem. Maybe the router is not letting the NVR through.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check DNS on the NVR.

Try using google dns 8.8.8.8

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, Hikvision lied in their announcement. According to their announcement existing accounts (which I have one) can register new cameras until Feb 17th. Today is Jan 29th, I attempted to log in to register a new camera, and the "add new device" button is no longer present on their device management page.

ebjowei

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using HikConnect and was quite happy with it. But now I got to know that I/O alarm is not supported by the platform.
Feels strange to say the least. You know if there is some good alternative that does support pushing I/O alarms?