Hikvision Setup Help

jackr123

n3wb
Reaction score
Im after a bit of help with my Hikvision setup. Im trying to get my cameras the smoothest/best quality picture I can.

Ive got one dome - DS 2CD2142FWD-I and two bullets - DS2CD2042WD-I.

The NVR I have is DS-7604NI-K1/4P

Any help with settings would be greatly appreciated.

I understand each setup is unique to lighting conditions etc but im just after a start as ive had this a while now and not convinced its the best it can be.

Thanks
Jack

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Honestly, the quickest path for you is to read, read, read. Spend time learning everything you can about your NVR and cams, bookmark all the DIY threads, and start experimenting. Between the NVR and cams there is simply way too much to just list a bunch of settings for you. And doing it yourself will help you understand your system a lot more. Six months ago I was a grasshopper. Now I'm freaking Obi Wan! Lol

jackr123

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok yeah I get that. I have read and have also tried different things. I thought making a thread I would have maybe got a little advice or something to improve what I’ve got.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a couple of sample screenshots and your comments on what aspects of them you are not happy with would be helpful.
That would allow members to comment relative to their own experience so you'd know if what you are seeing is normal or might be improved.