HIKVISION RTSP PROBLEMS

PAT_RIOT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I can connect to network cameras RTSP feed that are not directly plugged into the POE ports on the back of the NVR. all the cameras plugged in to the NVR i cant access the RSTP feed.

also for some reason the mainstream doesn't need a password but the sub stream does.

i turned on virtual host to directly connect to the cameras which works but the RTSP still doesnt work.

EDIT: just found out i cant let any other user access the RSTP feed only admin on the cameras that work.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i turned on virtual host to directly connect to the cameras which works but the RTSP still doesnt work.
Check this out as the method to allow direct access to NVR PoE-connected cameras at their actual IP address :

PAT_RIOT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi mate
I’ve already set the virtual host and manual settings.

i don’t have access the the network settings as this is managed via a security firm.

with virtual hosting on I was able to connect to the cameras and add a new user. RTSP still doesn’t work. Only the ip cameras on the network,

something to think about in the future installs, using the nvr with POE ports doesn’t work with RTSP

I was thinking I could get the network guys at free up IP address’s and change them on the nvr but I'm guessing this will make the nvr not see the cameras

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i don’t have access the the network settings as this is managed via a security firm.
To show that the method works, you could set a static route on the PC that you want to use RTSP access from.
Unless your security configuration prohibits this also.

with virtual hosting on I was able to connect to the cameras and add a new user. RTSP still doesn’t work.
That's correct, Virtual Host operates on the HTTP port.

I was thinking I could get the network guys at free up IP address’s and change them on the nvr but I'm guessing this will make the nvr not see the cameras
This would work OK.
A Hikvision NVR PoE channel can be re-configured to connect to cameras on the same IP segment as the NVR LAN interface instead of on the PoE port.

PAT_RIOT

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone else having the same issue - i was putting in the camera ip address not the nvr ip address... idiot...

example: rtsp:/USER:pASSWORD@192.168.100.150(NVR'S IP ADDRESS NOT THE CAMERAS):554/Streaming/Channels/101 (3202 - would be camera 32 on sub stream)