Hikvision Pink again!

Reaction score
Hello,
This is just a comment...
In last 3 years I’ve installed probably around 250 Hikvision Cameras at all my clients with 15 NVRs, I usually use Turrets, but also I installed probably 35 some kind of variation of DS-2CD2542FWD-IS-2.8 (for audio)
After few months about 15 of them became pink,
I tried few different fixes I found online, but they didn’t work.
I know first thing support will ask me is serial number and tell me no warranty.
I don’t have time for this, and I would have too ask all my clients to pay me for my work.
There is obviously an issue with those. I’m thinking to move to completely different brand.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is simply the IR filter getting stuck.

Sometimes a couple of reboots will get it unstuck.

Sometimes some factory resets will get it unstuck.

Most of us bang on the camera and it dislodges whatever is causing the filter to get stuck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
This is just a comment...
In last 3 years I’ve installed probably around 250 Hikvision Cameras at all my clients with 15 NVRs, I usually use Turrets, but also I installed probably 35 some kind of variation of DS-2CD2542FWD-IS-2.8 (for audio)
After few months about 15 of them became pink,
I tried few different fixes I found online, but they didn’t work.
I know first thing support will ask me is serial number and tell me no warranty.
I don’t have time for this, and I would have too ask all my clients to pay me for my work.
There is obviously an issue with those. I’m thinking to move to completely different brand.
So you purchased with no warranty to save money and it didnt work out for you....The hik mini cams are prone to this problem. Yes choose a different brand, they never have any issues...

Reaction score
That is simply the IR filter getting stuck.

Sometimes a couple of reboots will get it unstuck.

Sometimes some factory resets will get it unstuck.

Most of us bang on the camera and it dislodges whatever is causing the filter to get stuck.

I tried all of these ideas on few of them, no luck

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These models are 5 years old. With new models I haven't rly came across pink image, either they work or don't.