Hikvision NVR slow playback from app and Browser

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've have a Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4/16P NVR with several 4K IP cameras DS-2CD2385FWD-I connected via POE ports.
All been working mostly fine, but what I can't understand is that when viewing any of the cameras live main stream via the Hikconnect app or Windows browser, the video lags behind. After a minute or so the live view is about 30 seconds behind...
Low resolution sub stream is fine, also the main stream is fine when viewing locally from the NVR HDMI or VGA port...

I did have the DS-7608NI-K2 model before and I thought that upgrading may resolve this..

I'm sure my local WiFi is fast enough, I'm near the router. Also problem exists from pc with wired connection.

Any ideas anyone?

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else got similar NVR & 8MP cameras with live view working ok via app or browser?

Just wondering if the NVR is capable of real time HD viewing...

rpelich

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it do it on a different PC? Wondering if the PC CPU/Graphics is the weak link.
doesnt work on other phones or other computers. tried it even on a gaming computer too with no luck
and usually on iphone x for mobile.

like it does work sometimes like its random but most of the time it will say network unstable and then i exit the app or i wait, and it will work but sometimes lag. like i only really care about playback usually, and thats horrible on hikconnect. its so slow and will only load to 90% sometimes and then not show the footage, like it makes it hard to use
i always have to end up pointing the app to the local nvr ip address like the 192 one and then its very very fast whether it is locally from my iphone or from my. because in the hikconnect app u can add the nvr with the 192 address.

this makes me think it has to do with internet and hikconnect, but my internet is very fast like 100 mbps upliad that sould be good enough. i also have another property with a few nvr's and they have basically similar problems so its not just my place