HikVision NVR POE(Onboard) DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P

Reaction score
I have an nvr that i have hooked up to my network switch. It got assigned an IP. 192.168.1.28
It then created a subnet with ips ranging from 192.168.254.1/254 for the cameras.
Since these are nested and can not be directly accessed from LAN(192.168.1.x) you have to setup something called virtual host.
I also did that and it generated HREFs ( ports match to the cameras) in camera management page
But when you click those links they are dead. So either non of these cameras have webserver(which I know they do because when I can connect to them by plugging my laptop to one of the POE sockets on NVR and go to 192.168.254, I can log into the cameras setup page) Or NVR is not doing the routing right.
Do I need to setup a NAT or something ?This should have been really easy installation but it is giving me such a headache.

THanks in advance

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Part of my setup is similar, I have a DS-7000 series NVR using virtual host.
On my linux PC I have VLC, on my desktop a VLC playlist picking up the rtsp streams of my 8 cameras (a mix of Hik and Dahua cameras) and a ninth for channel zero. The rtsp camera stream in the playlist need my NVR's user name and password.
Here below is the stream for channel zero-, (channel one would be 101 at the end for the high def stream)
rtsp:/<user>:<password@<NVR's IP>:554/Streaming/Channels/001
Because of the virtual host feature I can use a browser to login to the web interface of all Hikvision cameras without any problem, for the Dahua cameras it's flaky, I often have open the NVR's web interface to disable virtual host, save, re-enable virtual host, save, and I gat access to the Dahua cameras web interface again until next time.

I hope this info helps.

Reaction score
Part of my setup is similar, I have a DS-7000 series NVR using virtual host.
On my linux PC I have VLC, on my desktop a VLC playlist picking up the rtsp streams of my 8 cameras (a mix of Hik and Dahua cameras) and a ninth for channel zero. The rtsp camera stream in the playlist need my NVR's user name and password.
Here below is the stream for channel zero-, (channel one would be 101 at the end for the high def stream)
rtsp:/<user>:<password@<NVR's IP>:554/Streaming/Channels/001
Because of the virtual host feature I can use a browser to login to the web interface of all Hikvision cameras without any problem, for the Dahua cameras it's flaky, I often have open the NVR's web interface to disable virtual host, save, re-enable virtual host, save, and I gat access to the Dahua cameras web interface again until next time.

I hope this info helps.
I cant even log into the Web interface of the cameras unless I plug into one of the POE sockets. But If i am on Lan I can not even ping the forwarded (virtual host) Ip:port or (as expected subnet Ips. )

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All I have plugged into my NVR's POE ports is one cable, the other end goes to a network switch, a TP-Link 8 +8 POE switch, so I don't understand why you have a problem, so I'm sorry you're having difficulties.
What cameras are you using?

I use several unmanaged network switches, I'm always amazed how well they work.

Reaction score
All I have plugged into my NVR's POE ports is one cable, the other end goes to a network switch, a TP-Link 8 +8 POE switch, so I don't understand why you have a problem, so I'm sorry you're having difficulties.

So you go from POE sockets of your NVR to another switch (TP-LINK) which is also POE and you hook your cameras to that switch.
I do not have a POE switch besides the one that comes with my NVR. It detects the cameras and I can see them from the NVR'S OS. BUT not from web interface when I connect to it
Setup.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an nvr that i have hooked up to my network switch. It got assigned an IP. 192.168.1.28
What's the actual model of the NVR? 'DS-7000-Series' is an open-ended term.
Does the NVR by any chance have 2 LAN ports in addition to the PoE ports used by the cameras?
I note that you've shown 2 different IP addresses for the NVR.

Reaction score
What's the actual model of the NVR? 'DS-7000-Series' is an open-ended term.
Does the NVR by any chance have 2 LAN ports in addition to the PoE ports used by the cameras?
I note that you've shown 2 different IP addresses for the NVR.
It only has one Lan Port the diagram is an example actual ip of it is the one I mentioned at the beginning 192.168.1.28
Model is DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P
Here is the updated image

Attachments

Reaction score

All Cameras are hikvision EXIR Fixed Network Turret Camera(Indoor)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Why can't you let the NVR create its default IP addresses for the cameras in the POE switch at the 10.10.x.x ranges ( or whatever Hik uses for defaults)

Reaction score
Why can't you let the NVR create its default IP addresses for the cameras in the POE switch at the 10.10.x.x ranges ( or whatever Hik uses for defaults)
Those addresses are the default addresses that NVR creates. Everything is plug and play +dhcp.
The systen even works with the HikVision App. I can see all my cameras and they are working perfectly.
but for some reason it does not
do the correct port forwarding when virtual hosts are created