Hikvision NVR DS-7608 - Half bricked???

ISpyOnU

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried to upgrade it to the Euro 3.0.22 build 170621 (via the maintenance page) and it said rebooting, after 5min or so it beeped twice - the screen said rebooting still, left it and had lunch for 20min, still rebooting, hit refresh and nothing, powered the NVR off and then on again and now it can't be seen in SADP over my home network.

So I plugged a monitor directly into the NVR turned it ON, get the 2 beeps, and after about a minute a “hikvision embedded NVR” splash screen appears for about 30 sec then black screen again and nothing. I had a mouse plugged in as well, it did not respond to any clicks or movements.

Another user via private messages has suggested the following

If it beeps twice it means that the UBoot partition is loaded (therefore not bricked) and it tries to load the actual firmware. Since the firmware does not complete the loading, it means that either the firmware has not been stored properly (or complete) or it has been corrupted.
I suggest the following:
1. Try to upgrade again with the same 3.0.22 firmware. It it fails gain do it several times. It finally fails, then step 2.
2. Try upgrading the NVR with the most updated firmware backwards. EU version 3.0.15, then 3.0.13 and so on.

In the past it has been reported that this NVR does not have sufficient BIOS memory for the some versions from some regions (EU, US).

The NVR is completely bricked if it does not respond at all to the TFTP server in your PC during the upgrade process.
Will have to try and get it to communicate via TFTP.

Any other suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like incorrect firmware has been loaded.

What's the exact model number? There are many variations that start 7608

Please provide a link to the firmware that you applied.

The tftp updater - with the correct firmware - should be able to fix this problem.

ISpyOnU

n3wb
Reaction score
What's the exact model number? There are many variations that start 7608
Its the 4 port PoE.

This is the firmware that I tried to update to (It was sent to me via aster1x - I requested it from another thread):

NVR_(76-SE,V,VP)BL_ML_STD_V3.0.22_170621

This was the firmware it was running.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
NVR_(76-SE,V,VP)BL_ML_STD_V3.0.22_170621
I can't find any older versions than that one, to try a downgrade - even on the Russian ftp site.

Presumably you've seen this thread :

ISpyOnU

n3wb
Reaction score
Presumably you've seen this thread :
That was the thread I was initially working reading up from, and aster1x was kind enough to send me all the firmwares and been a great help along the way.

Anyways I got it to work.....

did the ping test and it could see the NVR still.

Flashed the same firmware version with TFTP and well all good....... Did not go as per instructions, it does something weird and did this previously when I upgraded the firmware to reset the username and password. The NVR resets but it does not say "system update complete". I let it sit for about 20 min, closed TFTP and turned off the NVR for a min, then on again and used SADP to search for it, found it, double click to open in the browser window and it asked for a new password. All working now. Thanks

KubaLa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I am a novice to NVR. Can you help me update my ds-7608ni-se NVR? At the beginning, I would like to know if I will be able to remotely access the android application after the update?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello. I am a novice to NVR. Can you help me update my ds-7608ni-se NVR? At the beginning, I would like to know if I will be able to remotely access the android application after the update?
What is your current firmware?
What firmware you plan upgrade & it at your hand?
NI-SE it's not new board.
Show menu from monitor (photo)

KubaLa

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_20211124_161949.jpgplatform1.jpgplatform2.jpg28112021.jpg

Thank you for your answer.
The current software is 2.3.7 build 131112
I was able to update to version 3.0.22 build 170621
I updated from USB via the panel.
The option to access the platform has appeared.
Sorry, I can't connect.
iTuneDVR do you know how to configure it?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your location?
Try
Code:
dev.eu.hik-connect.com
dev.eu.guardingvision.com
litedev.hik-connect.com

But 1st setup dns to
Use your custom country setting.
For me is:
Code:
dev.hik-connectru.com, либо litedev.hik-connectru.com
Для устройств HiWatch: dev.guardingvisionru.com, либо litedev.guardingvisionru.com
Ask from your local hikvision

Possible your need reset your dvr setting or restore it via tftp to use clean setting.