Hikvision IP Door System to connect to DS-7608NI-I2/8P

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a DS-7608NI-I2/8P running a few cameras. I have an old Dorani 2 wire doorbell video intercom which runs to 2 monitors, which has been playing up lately so I am considering upgrading the door station.
If i can use the existing wiring it would be great, otherwise it shouldnt be too hard if i need to add some cat6 cabling.
I am considering:
Hikvision DS-KD8003 or DS-KW8113 with a DS-KH6320 monitor (and maybe add the 2nd later). These seem to be IP connected devices which mention using an unmanaged POE switch.
Am I able to run one of these cameras and the monitor direct into my NVR without needing an additional POE switch, or can i run them into my 16 port switch for my lan then that is connected by the nvr link to my lan. It seems a little unclear after trying to research these details.
I am also wanting the door bell to ring on the monitor/hik vision app notification, but also record on motion/events on the nvr.
Wondering if anyone has any insight or advice?
cheers.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Id suggest using poe switch rather than NVR poe ports. Because nvr poe ports are internal NIC which doesnt have route to go online. It could have with virtual host opened on nvr but big chances it wont work.
Why would you need having online access, well in order to add door station on hik connect it needs access to internet.
Hence you use poe switch or normal switch which got access to internet with 12V ps to devices.

Cheers

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Id suggest using poe switch rather than NVR poe ports. Because nvr poe ports are internal NIC which doesnt have route to go online. It could have with virtual host opened on nvr but big chances it wont work.
Why would you need having online access, well in order to add door station on hik connect it needs access to internet.
Hence you use poe switch or normal switch which got access to internet with 12V ps to devices.
Cheers
I am a but rusty as i set this all up years ago.
So if i connect a hikvision door station to a hikvision POE switch, can use the port 5 (uplink) back into the NVR for internet access and recording events.
My nvr has connection to my main switch which gives it internet access and allows me to connect to my cameras with the hikvision app. Tbh the app is not great and i generally use TinyCam Pro to view my cameras.
My main 16 port switch actually has all ports full atm and prefer not to have to remove something to add the POE direct to it when the NVR has a link already.

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like the KD8003 does setup with direct connection to the NVR. It rings through to Hikvision without any issues too