HikVision Installation Problem

Reaction score
Hello from a newbie, I say newbie but I feel I've read all the forum posts hunting for help!
I'm sorry to jump straight in but I'm desperate.
Before Christmas I instanned 3 colorvue cameras and a HikVision NVR to the house and still can't get them working corrcetly.
I could see all the camera footage on a monitor next to the DVR but I didn't know the password to access the web interface. After much messing and contacting HikVision I came across it, it was CCTV12345 instead of just 12345 as has been suggested. Anyway, at this time I had unlugged everything from the NVR and when reconnecting everything no cameras were appearing. I messedd around with settings and searched on this forum to discover that I'd not put the cables into the same PoE sockets but by now the cameras are showing offline, 2 with "name or password does not exist" and 1 with "camera does not exist".
All I can come up with is that the cameras IP addresses do not match the IP addresses of the PoE sockets but I'm stumped what to do.
I've read everything adn tried rvrn more, it's confusing because some of the guidance shows different versions of the interface thing and some use terms and language that I'm not familiar with.
HikVsision simply replied saying I needed to reset the cameras but I don't know how, they don't have memory card slots in them.
Can anyone offer any guidance at all before I uninstall it all and post it to HikVision in frustration please?
Thanks

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
UK Hik site shows close to 3 dozen ColorVu models. Consider sharing the model # of you cams and NVR.

Did you purchase these as a kit, or did you buy the components separately? Also, did you purchase from an authorized Hikvision reseller?

Many components out there showing the hikvision logo, but many are knockoffs, or OEM items that someone modified.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The cameras are IPC-T259H and were bought as a gift. I'm unsure if they came as a pack.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was this a new system when installed?
What are the model numbers of the cameras and the NVR?

Have you tried, unplugging the cameras from the NVR, then in the NVR interface delete the cameras.
Then reboot the NVR.
After it comes back online, plugin ONE camera, wait up to 5 minutes to see if if is recognized.
If so, plug in the next camera, again wait up to five minutes.
If good, repeat.
If you mark the cables for the cameras with the port they are plugged into, next time you unplug them, put them back in the same port.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes it was a new install. Yes I have rebooted without the cameras plugged in and same problem. It recognises their presence but shows them offline.
You bet I'll be marking the cables if I can ever sort this out.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Model # reveals they are HiLook cams:
Hikvision’s offshoot brand that hits the bullseye for entry-level video surveillance with cost-effective, easy-to-use and reliable products and services for small- and medium-sized projects

Any model # on NVR?

Are you still able to login to the NVR and navigate the menus?

Reaction score
NVR 104MH.
Yes I can navigate everything perfectly, it's just the cameras not showing offline.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it was a new install. Yes I have rebooted without the cameras plugged in and same problem. It recognises their presence but shows them offline.
You bet I'll be marking the cables if I can ever sort this out.
But did you delete the cameras from the NVR setup interface?

Reaction score
They don't have a memory card slot, no. They are steel spheres held in a plastic mount.
I'm trying to read through the handbooks but am struggling with the terminology. I actually have the camera one in hardcopy but even with my glasses it's difficult being such small writing :)

Reaction score
I'm afraid those instructions don't help much mainly because I don't understand what's wrong in the first instance in order to look at the relevant section to amend it and also because said instructions seem generic and not each step is the same.
I can't find anything that tells me how to delete each camera as suggested, the delete section of the configuration screen never highlights.
Does anyone else have any advice?
The NVR is 192.168.0.40, the POE ports are 192.168.254.2/3/4/5 and the cameras themselves are 192.168.254.7/8/9.
The cameras are showing as offline (user name and password error). The NVR password does not seem to be the right one for the cameras despite that being the only one I ever set and also the default NVR password of cctv12345 is not right.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If reading the manuals on a real computer, not a phone, you can zoom in on a page and make it any size you need.

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant my paper copy is small text. The one you posted is great however I don't know my fault or how to fix it in order to take direction from the manual. I know you asked about deleting the camera'sbut the manual doesn't explain how to do that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try this:
1-unplug all cameras from the NVR.
2-Reboot the NVR.
3-when it comes backup, plug ONE camera into the #1 poe port on the NVR.
4-Wait up to five minutes to see if a picture appears.
5-If a picture appears, great, label that cable #1.
6-If a picture does not appear, unplug that camera, reboot the NVR again, and wait for it to come back up.
7-plug in the next camera into that same #1 port.
8-Again wait 5 minutes to see if a picture appears or not.
Repeat as needed.

Reaction score
Nothing.
For me I feel it's something to do with:
1678481193072.png

Versus

1678481465049.png

(One of the cameras seems to have stopped working too! No lights on the POE socket)