Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4/16P NVR

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been looking for a Hikvision NVR to replace the Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P that I now have. With all the upgrades on my cameras I am running low on storage. I saw a Hikvision DS-7716NI-4/16P refurbished on Ebay for $449 and he said it would hold four 12TB hard drives. So I bought 4 Western Digital 12TB purple hard disk drives and installed them. When I did the initialization of the drives it did see maybe 10.7 TB of the of the 12TB which is normal. So far so good and It does have the latest software.

The one thing that pleased me was it had no problem seeing my Dahua 4K PTZ with the 4/3" sensor at the 4K level. With the previous NVR sometimes I would have to plug and unplug the 4K PTZ camera a few times to get it to come up at the 4K level. So now I have around 43TB available for storage. By the way I am only using 8 ports of the 16 ports available. Plus this one has "up to 160 Mbps high incoming bandwidth ensures IP cameras can be connected". My previous 8 port NVR only had 80 Mbps available. So as of tonight I am a happy camper. :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Just an update. The NVR has been working just fine and is meeting all my expectations. It has been almost one week to the hour since I installed it and it has used 3TB of memory. So with a little over 43TB of memory available that should work out to just about 3 months of video storage before it writes over itself. I notice that two of the drives are in the "sleep" mode. #4 HDD is the one currently in use with #1 active. #2 and #3 hard drives are in the sleep mode.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Another update. I have accumulated 27.5 days of recording on my first 12TB hard disk drive. Now it has started recording on the 2nd hard disk drive. So I should get 110 days of storage with my 8 cameras. I was hoping for 90 days but got more. :)

Last edited: