Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P firmware v4.50.000 build 210125 can't add more than one camera to a single port

electric

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Since updating to the latest firmware yesterday, my NVR seems unable to connect to two cameras which are connected to one NVR port through a switch. This worked fine in the 2-year-old version of the firmware.

I can connect to these cameras fine using the web browser, they are working great otherwise.

Does anyone know if there is a special procedure to add more than one camera to a single PoE port with this new firmware?

If they have disabled this function, can I safely downgrade the firmware until I find one that will do what I need?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are you assigning an IP address to the cameras and then "manually" adding them in the NVR?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of the rules we have around here is don't fix what ain't broke, so unless a firmware is adding something you are missing or fixes a problem you are having, in many instances it breaks something that was working for you prior.

You should be able to downgrade unless they blocked that as well. Some firmware is being introduced that does not allow it going backwards.

You can always add a POE switch and connect the two cameras to that and the NVR to that from the WAN/LAN port of the NVR and then manually add them in the NVR.