Hikvision DS-7104N-SN with device information showing DS-7116N-SN

nationwide

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I just started with Hikvision and ordered a DS-7104N-SN and two hikvision camera's. After installing the NVR I noticed the Device Information showing model DS-7116N-SN. Even the serial number is showing DS-7116N-SN in the name. The box shows DS-7104N-SN.

Is it possible to upgrade this unit to latest hikvision firmware or should I stay away from this considering this odd firmware/unit mismatch? I would most likely prefer to fix the issue instead of accepting the current firmware without ever being able to upgrade.

Regards,
Mark

Attachments

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your NVR hacked by the Chinese seller
Now he writes that can work with 16 cameras
But miracles do not happen, the amount of RAM remains the same...
When connecting more than 4 cameras possible problems
Now NVR will not be able to get the firmware update by conventional methods
Only using a TFTP server you will be able to update the firmware to at least version 3.0.13
3.0.16 don't even try will not work....
Feel free to open a dispute and claim damages from the seller

nationwide

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Oleglevsha,

I opened a dispute to get some of the money back as compensation for this hacked version.
Already payed 28.5 $ on tax and customs, so sending back for full refund is not really possible without me losing money on it.

Regards,
Mark

nationwide

n3wb
Reaction score
When I try to update using TFTP it gives me the error:
"Unexpected request 16754 from peer"
"Returning EBADOP to Peer"

I tried adding my Hikvision bullet cams to the NVR, but everytime I add them I get Network Abnormal and the NVR reboots. :(

Edit: The error is shown in TFTPD32 log viewer.

Trying update using USB gives "Firmware Mismatch". Even when using Chinese versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

nationwide

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, I finally managed to fix the issues with WhosLooking 3.0.13 firmware and procedure. The TFTP error was happening cause I had my local PC set to 192.168.0.128 instead of 192.0.0.128. After the upgrade my NVR now properly shows DS7104N-SN. Adding the camera's using HIKVISION protocol is also working now as expected. Big thanks to ipcamtalk as it has proven a great source of info.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done, you got there, and thanks for sharing.
Another useful nugget of problem-solving information for what is an interesting and useful forum with loads of contributors.