Hikvision DS-2CD2052-I teardown

trl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I thought that after 5 years of service I might need to break the warranty seal and see if there are any bulging capacitors inside or, who knows, maybe the IP66 rating was just on the paper and some small dust particle might still get inside after almost 44.000 hours of continuous operation. Well, I was wrong, no bulging caps and zero dust particles inside the camera, which is great for a 150 EUR camera (back in 2016-2017). All of my 8 x DS-2CD2052-I cameras are still working perfectly, although I kinda feel the need for some color night-vision cameras with a better low-light sensitivity.

Besides power regulators (LDOs), transistors, diodes and passive components we can spot an IST-0041-SAR (which is a network transformer for LAN) , RTL8201F (LAN controller) and a big Toshiba NAND programable memory. All PCBs are looking perfeclty, just like new. I don't know if the sensor has the same sensitivity as it used to have on Day1, but I couldn't spot any dead or white/coloured pixels when low light.

Good construction inside, no signs of low quality components or poor soldering, so Hik guys were offering quite good products after all. Hope today Hik products are having at least same quality and MTBF as these 2052 cameras I'm still using.

Hope this teardown helps in understanding how the cameras are looking inside. :)

Regards!

Attachments

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, hikvision dont use warranty seal on any models i encountered in past 6 years. It most likely a reseller that does it.

I can confirm chips made in 2017 and 2018 are more durable than chips made during corona crisis and chip shortage. Most of the chips were put together by lower level grade substitute due to availability. But it seems its getting back to normal again, considering they are finally releasing tons of new line products this year.

trl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IMG_1182.jpg

The one from the left is the one from the teardown above. The QR code is the actual seal and it was placed there by Hikvision for sure. It is impossible to open the camera without breaking that seal. My cameras where purchased from an authorised Hik partner and probably this is why they all have such seals.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It seems this camera was long gone when i got hired :D I just checked , last sold piece was 2016 january