Hikvision Doorbell DS-KB8112-IM Issue: Can't get doorbell press alarms sent to multiple hik-connect accounts

ultimz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the Hikvision Doorbell (DS-KB8112-IM) and running firmware V1.4.5_190219 (region code for my unit is WR). I do not have the indoor station.

I can successfully connect this unit to Hik-connect and when I press the doorbell button I receive the call on my phone with the Hik-connect app. I have shared the device with my wifes Hik-connect account and she can view the live feed and do almost everything besides receive the same call. It just doesn't ring on her device. I have logged in on my phone with her Hik-connect account and also do not get the call.

I have seen that the US firmware for this device is a bit newer (V1.4.6_190808) and includes a new feature of sending alarms to multiple locations (I think this is what I want) but when I update to this firmware the Hik-connect integration breaks and I also cannot edit certain configuration settings on the device like the network configuration (can't even edit it using SADP or iVMS tools):

When I'm on firmware V1.4.5_190219 (EU firmware - Link)
image.png

and on firmware V1.4.6_190808 (US firmware - Link)

image2.png

Hoping someone else has experienced an issue like this? Hikvision support isn't helping much!

Vjaybang

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are in the UK or EU theres no point attempting to use the US firmware. I had this problem but the way I have it setup now seems to work. My wife and I both use the same account on our our individual phones and both get the notifications when doorbell is pressed. (android). I aslso created a seperate account which I added to my iPad. I then shared the device to that account and that also recieves the notifications now. Didnt work at first but I find this doorbell does have a few bugs. The main annoying thing for me is you cannot change the tone on the doorbell itself when the button is pressed, you have to put up with a 'call busy' type tone.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Calling to a shared Hik-connect account never worked for me with a DS-KB8112-IM. I kinda remember that I was told it might work using an indoor monitor, and then adding the monitor to the Hik-connect account and sharing the monitor.

I think I did not even try that, and I replaced it with a DS-KB8113-IM.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Securame - is the DS-KB8113-IM better?
Yes, and no. It is 2MP, and it did solve the issue of calling to shared accounts; but the web interface is new, and the new web plugin messed up my IE access with older plugins, so now I can not use the computer I used to configure the DS-KB8113-IM unit to access other devices, which kinda sucks.

So I like the DS-KB8113-IM, but I also hate it :)

ultimz

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like every other Hikvision product review :banghead: :D

Will see if I can get my hands on 1 of them in South Africa

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like every other Hikvision product review :banghead: :D
You bet.

Just configure it from a virtual machine or something like that, do not install the plugin on a computer you care (I did with one of my main computers, I can not just wipe and reinstall Win10 because now I am unable to access Hikvision devices with IE).

Using firmware v2.2.12 build 201222 now, but it came with a previous version which also was not working fine.