Hikvision Camera RTSP URL not working

Reaction score
Due to some works that needed to be done at my home, my Router was offline for a couple of days and this has caused a problem with several settings I had setup for Homebridge Camera Ffmpeg. My streaming URL's no longer work. I have attampted to go back and fill in the missing pieces, but so far hasn't worked. I'm hoping someone can point out to me where I am going wrong.

My URL is rtsp:/username:password@192.168.0.245:554/ch1/main/av_stream

I have my Network on 192.168.0.245
Default gateway 192.168.0.1
Internal Network card IP 192.168.254.1

Under Camera Management I have the URL saved into the Custom Protocol and I have selected the Custom 1 protocol in the Camera settings on the NVR Web UI. This is not working.

I will be backing up my Router settings and hopefully the NVR settings this time

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My streaming URL's no longer work.
What are the streaming URLs that you have defined?
I don't recognise what you have shown below - "My URL is -i c"

Presumably you are accessing the RTSP streams that the NVR itself offers, as opposed to accessing the camera RTSP stream directly.
To access the cameras directly, via the NVR LAN as they are presumably connected to NVR PoE ports, you would need to have had a static route configured on the router to point via the NVR LAN interface to reach the cameras, and the cameras must have the NVR PoE interface IP address (192.168.254.1) set as default gateway.

But to access the NVR's RTSP streams, the URL would be something like :
rtsp://192.168.0.245/Streaming/Channels/401
for channel 4, main stream.

Reaction score
What are the streaming URLs that you have defined?
I don't recognise what you have shown below - "My URL is -i c"

Presumably you are accessing the RTSP streams that the NVR itself offers, as opposed to accessing the camera RTSP stream directly.
To access the cameras directly, via the NVR LAN as they are presumably connected to NVR PoE ports, you would need to have had a static route configured on the router to point via the NVR LAN interface to reach the cameras, and the cameras must have the NVR PoE interface IP address (192.168.254.1) set as default gateway.

But to access the NVR's RTSP streams, the URL would be something like :
rtsp:/192.168.0.245/Streaming/Channels/401
for channel 4, main stream.
I had a bad copy and paste. My URL is rtsp:/username:password@192.168.0.245:554/ch1/main/av_stream
My cameras are connected via the NVR PoE ports. Which LAN IP do I point to? The Internal IP address or the standard? I haven't used this Static Routing before, though I do know of it. Can you please point me to a guide on how to set these settings. Ty

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
rtsp:/192.168.0.245/Streaming/Channels/401
Try this URL in VLC, see what you get.

I haven't used this Static Routing before, though I do know of it.
If all you are needing is an RTSP stream for a specific channel, the best way to get it is from the NVR itself, as per the sample URL above.
Though the ability to also include the access credentials in-line may be problematic.

The URL you've quoted may be for a camera, which when connected to an NVR PoE port isn't directly accessible, unless there is a static route in place that specifies the NVR LAN IP address as the gateway it can be accessed through.

Reaction score
Try this URL in VLC, see what you get.

If all you are needing is an RTSP stream for a specific channel, the best way to get it is from the NVR itself, as per the sample URL above.
Though the ability to also include the access credentials in-line may be problematic.

The URL you've quoted may be for a camera, which when connected to an NVR PoE port isn't directly accessible, unless there is a static route in place that specifies the NVR LAN IP address as the gateway it can be accessed through.
This has got it working. Thanks a ton for your help.

Reaction score
Hello, I seem to have a problem with this RTSP stream again my stream should be rtsp:/username:password@192.168.0.245:554/Streaming/Channels/102 but this is not working. I have my camera PoE cables directly connected to the NVR. I will upload screenshots of my current settings and hopefully whatever is stumping me will jump out at you.

I do not have a static route configured on my router as yet as I believe that was only required if I was going to use the PoE Network Card IP as the Cameras Default Gateway. I seem to recall it was a very simple setup.

@TonyR @alastairstevenson

Attachments

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder if you could reroute using virtual host that NVR can provide. Under Network->Advanced network->Others or Integration(Cant remember)

Reaction score
I have resolved the issue. I had Stream Encryption enabled and I had forgot to add a Route for the NVR Network Card IP to point to my default gateway. Thanks.