Hikvision Camera Not saving to PC

ColdTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to the HikVision product. For testing purposes this ipcamera is setup without network access (similar to cctv). I am able to record motion footage schedule onto sd card (32Gig) but not directly to the pc. There is an option to record still shots of the motion, which I was able to save to the pc via FTP Server, however, not able to use the file server for video. The only other option I am seeing is the NAS. Am I missing something. Are the only available options the NAS or sd card?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to the HikVision product. For testing purposes this ipcamera is setup without network access (similar to cctv). I am able to record motion footage schedule onto sd card (32Gig) but not directly to the pc. There is an option to record still shots of the motion, which I was able to save to the pc via FTP Server, however, not able to use the file server for video. The only other option I am seeing is the NAS. Am I missing something. Are the only available options the NAS or sd card?
you cannot ftp video with the hikvision...you should be using a proper recording device, nvr or vms.

ColdTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Hik ivms 2400 installed on a pc but the only option given is the NAS or SDCard. Do you know of a different vms that would allow me to save to pc?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Hik ivms 2400 installed on a pc but the only option given is the NAS or SDCard. Do you know of a different vms that would allow me to save to pc?
ivms will allow you to save to pc...but there are much better options.
Milestone is free for up to 8 cams. Blue iris is 60 dollars and fantastic, its what many here use including myself.

ColdTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the software? As for the ivms it records to pc only when I press record on the during a live feed. When I set up the motion schedule it only shows the options as NAS or sdcard? Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the software?
google is still working. There are many threads discussing ivms setup. With ivms you will be locked into hik products and have way less options than third party vms in terms of settings.

man at oze

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

if you was wondering to record when basic/smart events occurs and if you PC is on window you have to:
  • (windows)create a new partition, format it
  • (windows) create a directory and share it
  • (camera web interface) in Storage, storage management, Net HDD create the HDDno :
Server Adress = IP of the machine
File Path = \name of the share
Type = NAS
Mounting type = SMB/CIFS
end user name and passwd.​

Save then test with the test button. if you got the "testing succeeded" message then its OK

ColdTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

if you was wondering to record when basic/smart events occurs and if you PC is on window you have to:
  • (windows)create a new partition, format it
  • (windows) create a directory and share it
  • (camera web interface) in Storage, storage management, Net HDD create the HDDno :
Server Adress = IP of the machine
File Path = \name of the share
Type = NAS
Mounting type = SMB/CIFS
end user name and passwd.​

Save then test with the test button. if you got the "testing succeeded" message then its OK
I have followed those instructions but for some reason it does not work. No issues with the camera storage sdcard. Just can't save to the local pc. I attempted the Milestone software. Found out it does not work on the Win Home versions; going to try it on one of my Pro machines. Just trying work out the bugs as per my learning curve.

ColdTech

n3wb
Reaction score
ivms will allow you to save to pc...but there are much better options.
Milestone is free for up to 8 cams. Blue iris is 60 dollars and fantastic, its what many here use including myself.
OK I have downloaded Milestone... It detects the HikVision IP Camera. Now just need some guidance to set it up to save motion triggers to the local pc.