HIKVISION® DS-2DE3304W-DE and nightime performance (IR)

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of the above (not similar) units in current operation?

I am after comments on the performance of the Infra Red on night mode, good or bad.

I just helped install one for a friend on the corner of the house panning 270 over a large open garden and he has sent me an image from the night mode and it show very little indeed.

Cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of the above (not similar) units in current operation?

I am after comments on the performance of the Infra Red on night mode, good or bad.

I just helped install one for a friend on the corner of the house panning 270 over a large open garden and he has sent me an image from the night mode and it show very little indeed.

Cheers
that camera has no ir...problem solved.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
If you hook up one of these ir flood lights, you will need a 12v power run to power it, and select low light shutter 2 on the camera web page you will be very surprised,with the aid of ir there pretty good.

Attachments

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do these have a proper mechanical IR-Cut lens or is it IR-cut that’s always on - I have some IR-cut lens camera's that aren’t mechanical so the day picture is very good but the cameras can't make use of separate IR illuminators.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m not sure it has electronic shutter for low light but does see the ir illuminating quite well