HikConnect/IR sensor issue with HikVision 2142

ebjowei

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have been working with my homemade HikVision solution for quite a while but it never seems to be good enough. Problems I have:
-Unreliable triggering of alarms (line crossing etc.)
-Mobile app on Android not working.

I use HikVision DS2142 cam and that works fine. On my iPhone I use app 'H&L Cam' (from EZVIZ). This also works perfect, all push notifications from the camera become 'notifications' on the phone. But on my brothers Samsung it does not work. Seems that when the phone is in 'sleep' (screen turned off) the notifications are not shown for him. No sound either. But the push notification from the camera has reached the app so it has correct data.

I want to use an external IR sensor as trigger for the I/O Alarm input to the camera instead of the built-in image analysis based alarms. And that kind of worked until I got information that HikConnect does not support push notification of I/O alarm. So the cloud service does not support that and H&L is good but uses cloud service of some kind, probably HikConnect?

So there I am, any suggestions how to solve this? :)

Best regards Björn

Last edited:

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Björn!
I realise a few years have passed us by, but did you ever resolve this problem?
I've been trying to get notifications to work from my external PIR connected to I/O Alarm Input in Hik-Connect, but I can't get it to work.
Did you ever find any workarounds?
Cheers,
Terry...