Hik PTZ Preset Call, Smart Tracking Threshold

jami3

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm quite active on another IP Cam forum and thought I would try ipcamtalk to see if anyone else can shed some light on the problem I am facing.

So I have an I series hikvision NVR with several hikvision cameras.

One of the cameras (turret) has line cross detection configured. When the line is crossed, the linkage methods selected are triggered. One of the linkage methods is a PTZ Linking and it points the hikvision PTZ to the line crossing area.

The PTZ has smart tracking so in theory, when the preset is called (which points it to the line area), it should start tracking what crossed the line but because of a threshold that has to elapse before allowing smart tracking to kick in after a preset is called, my plan fails. The person or vehicle passes by and the PTZ stays at the line and doesn't track.

I am 99% sure there is no setting to adjust the threshold that must elapse after a preset is called before smart tracking can kick in, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions after reading this.

I would love for hikvision to release a new firmware update which addresses this but it seems optimistic.