HI FROM NC! Please help a total noob!

Darko9000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello from North Carolina. Looking to build a surveillance system for my house and decided to go with the blue iris. I am trying to learn about blue iris and have just build my first computer, purchased YuanLey 18 Port PoE Switch, and IPC-T5442T-ZE camera. Looking to have a total of around 14 cameras. Started with one so I can learn.

My BI computer is connected to my DLINK DGL 4100 router with the FIRST NIC. My 16 port POE switch is connected to my SECOND NIC on the same computer and my first camera is connected to port 1 on the POE switch. If I run configuration software no camera is found. If I log in to my router I can see my 2 computers and nothing else. If I start IE and type in 192.168.1.108 nothing happens. I can see that camera is receiving power and the light on the port lights up when I plug in the camera. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. please see my network on my attached picture. I'm not that knowledgeable about computer networks. Maybe some of you veterans can help a noob like me.

Thanks!

Darko

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to assign NIC two an ip address that is different than NIC one. Then change the camera IP address to that of the NIC two IP address range.

Since you are just setting up, make NIC two an IP address of 192.168.1.100 and then the IP address 192.168.1.108 will pull up the camera. Then change that IP address to something other than .108 so that every time you get a new camera you do not have an IP conflict.

Darko9000

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks!

Got it working with my first camera. Now need to start adding more.