Help with IPC-B5442E-ZE setup / installation. Not finding camera on network

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Trying to install this camera I ordered from Andy a few months ago, just now getting around to it. This is my first serious camera, but im running into an issue trying to set it up.

Im not able to see the camera in my home network. I use 192.168.87.xxx for my router's dhcp, and it sounds like the camera's default IP is 192.168.1.108. Rather than changing my entire network I removed my router cable from the POE switch and connected my laptop. I manually assigned the IP 192.168.1.107, Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0, default gateway of 192.168.1.1 and Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8. The only other device connected to the POE switch is the new camera. I do see the IR leds light up on the camera so I know it's getting at least some power, but theres no other noise or lights so I wasnt sure about that at first... Anyway, Im still not able to browse to 192.168.1.108 via IE or Chrome. Ive tried resetting the camera, changing cables, messing with the IPs a little. The config tool I downloaded from the link on the instructions also cannot detect any device on the network.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Andy has been responsive to my emails but I don't want to keep bothering him if at all possible.

Thanks in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The config tool I downloaded from the link on the instructions also cannot detect any device on the network.
Did you configure this with the IP address range to search - under 'Search setting' ?

Anyway, Im still not able to browse to 192.168.1.108
That's the usual default IP address on an unconfigured camera.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If the cameras is on your test bench, try pressing the reset button in the camera while it's powered, and hold it down for about 30 seconds.