Help with adjusting camera's night vision

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm Hello folks,
I'm extremely new to this stuff! Can you guys help me with my camera? Daytime they look great, night time not so much. The cameras are at their default settings. Here is a screen shot at night. It is pitch black out there.

I have a rebranded system from Nelly's. These are my cameras from Nelly's
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/4-mp/h-series-nsc-204-bt-outdoor-hd-4mp-ip-bullet-security-camera-4mm.html

This is my Nvr.
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/recorders/nvrs/4-channel/nsn-604-4p-4-channel-poe-nvr-w-built-in-4-port-poe-switch.html

Thanks so much..
mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
One main problem sticks out which causes two issues. The camera is too high and pointed down at a sharp angle. That makes the spotlight effect of the narrow IR spread worse because it isn't spread out on the ground. It'll also give you lousy facial ID. Lower the camera and add a wide angle IR illuminator. If that camera isn't for facial ID then just add an illuminator with probably a 90 degree spread.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just lowering the camera down and letting the IR thats on it shine out into the yard instead of focused into one spot will help alot.. or pointing it up more, but I suspect that sidewalk is your target... just to show you, point it at that tree off in the distance and see how it improves.

to keep most of the image from being over-exposed (it is already borderline overexposed), it under exposes anything w/out light.. so anything not lit up is black.

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies. Lowering the camera is really not an option. It is about 9' off the ground. I did raise it just now. How do the illuminations work? These are Poe cameras.

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is where the camera is mounted.. I didn't think it was to bad of an angle, but I'm green as grass to this high tech stuff lol.