Help Newbie get my 2335 working

Reaction score
Excuse the newbie! Purchased 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2335FWD-I cameras. Had them installed using cat 6a and connected to POE switch. Ran SADP tool and activated the 4 cameras. Problem is when I go to a browser and type in the IP of any of these cameras, there is NO live image.

So I tried to upgrade firmware: downloaded and extracted the .dav file but when I use the configuration tab of SADP and go to Browse, the Browse button does not work. I have tried this on several computers and it never works. So I cannot seem to upgrade the firmware (and I don't know whether this would help anyway).

So right now, I have 4 paperweights installed on my soffits and I am STUCK.

Any help is appreciated.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am very far from a knowledgeable user but I too have had a similar issue. In my case it had to do with the web browser I was using; I never did figure it out.

Have you tried connecting through downloadable software NVMS 7000 or iVMS 4200?

Using the exact tools you have described above, you should have no problem with Blue Iris. Try downloading the demonstration software which should be good for one camera and try to connect. I am sure you will be successful.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
You say "Problem is when I go to a browser and type in the IP of any of these cameras, there is NO live image."
Can you log in at least? Did you install the plugin the first time as requested?

should not need to update firmware. you DO need to use Internet Explorer browser tho.
it should prompt you to download the plugin the first time you access the cams' web ui.
other briowsers MAY work, but IE will for sure.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem is when I go to a browser and type in the IP of any of these cameras, there is NO live image.
To agree with @pozzello comment:
Live View requires the webcomponents plugin in order to stream video.
My guess is that you are not using IE11.
This is the only mainstream browser that still supports these types of plugins.

Also - what's the IP address of the PC, and what IP address does SADP show for the cameras?
SADP will operate across different IP address ranges, browser access between PC and camera will not.
If you find you need to change the cameras IP addresses to match your LAN, SADP can do this.