Help needed: 2 way audio and buttons alerts on Synology with DS-KB6003-WIP / DB-120A-IW

simm42

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I've recently setup a HiWatch DB-120A-IW (I believe the same as a HIKCONNECT DS-KB6003-WIP)

Firmware version: 1.4.62 180515

What is working:
I have access to the camera web interface
I can access video and audio from the camera on synology - live view and ds cam app
I get calls on the guardian vision/hik-connect app when the doorbell is pushed - two way audio works in these calls
Guardian vision app 2 way audio and live streaming
Pushing the doorbell button makes the internal chime sound

What I'm stuck with:
I can't get 2 way audio working through synology. No mic icon is shown, it is as if it does not recognise the capability on the device.
Door bell button push trigger an alert in synology and on the DS cam app

What I really want:
Disable the camera from trying to connect to anything other than the synology server when door bell is push (firewalling would solve some of this I realise)
Get the intercom call through the DS Cam app....
Prevent the camera trying to connect to an external server and being accessible outside the network/vpn

Solutions I'm hoping for in priority order
1) Synology config to make 2 way audio and push button notifications work, and camera settings to not try to make an app call when button pushed
2) A way to use a different QR code to give the camera different settings and a local server that will make it think it is connected... (or the API to implement one)
3) Recommendations to a make and model that will DEFINITELY do what I want instead. I have looked at the doorbird - but they are bulky and quite a high price if I'm not 100% sure it will work in practice.

Avenues I'm open to:
Network hacking
ssl mitm
protocol reverse engineering
local server implementations and passthrough
Firmware modification
Replacing the camera

Nothing is wired into the house yet - this is all still in the experimenting setup stage.

Thanks all

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey @simm42 , did you make any progress? same questions here for my ds-kd8003
how did you get the doorpress event in synology? i have hooked an ESP boord, so a relay is triggering and executing an command in my synlogy to start recording
how do you capture the doorpress event?

also, my last goal is indeed to start two audio , i think we maybe need to activate it with in ISAPI command, to start two way audio ...

thnx for feedback

btw, do you also have a eletrical door hooked up ?