Help me to reset password of admin user

luculescu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I tried a lot to find an answer about resetting password for my TURBO HD DVR DS-7100 Series but no luck, I tired with the script ( Hikvision Password Reset Toolinstalling Hikvision Tools v.1.2.1.2 to insert the code ) , I tried also an old software to reset password but same result, seems nothing is working.

I sent also an email with secret key but I haven't received any reply.

It's my father DVR and he doesn't have too much knowledges, he set a model to unlock cameras but he forget model and password also..

I hate what's happening and I spend few hours reading without results.

It's there a chance to help me?
Thank you!

luculescu

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for confusions... in few words nothing is working because I have a new firmware version: V3.4.84 build 170626 .

I tried to reset password with Device Serial Number using this script: https://ipcamtalk.com/pages/hikvision-password-reset-tool/ and also HikvisionPasswordResetHelper tool.

I understood the only solution is to send an email ( and I already did this ) and they will send me a key to reset password.

I received a reply from support and is asking me few from where I bought the DVR and honestly I don't remember which website...

Is a solution to downgrade the firmware version ?

Thank you for your interest to help me!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new firmware version: V3.4.84 build 170626
I was going to suggest that you could try using the Hikvision tftp updater to apply the same firmware version - that would reset the configuration back to defaults. If the DVR still supports that update method.
But I could not find such a version of firmware for the model you have quoted.
This was the closest I could see - but without the complete model number there is some guesswork :
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/DVR/Turbo 1.0 DS-7100 7200 7300 8100 9100HGHI HQHI HUHI

Reaction score
I was going to suggest that you could try using the Hikvision tftp updater to apply the same firmware version - that would reset the configuration back to defaults. If the DVR still supports that update method.
But I could not find such a version of firmware for the model you have quoted.
This was the closest I could see - but without the complete model number there is some guesswork :
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/DVR/Turbo 1.0 DS-7100 7200 7300 8100 9100HGHI HQHI HUHI
Not working
[2020-04-12 06:04:28] Open file[C:\Users\surveillanceall\Desktop\TFTP\econt_Vision-AV2000] failure

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try this TFTP server, I use it on Windows 10 and everything works without problems. Also do not forget to enable the firewall or better turn it off completely
TFTP

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not working
[2020-04-12 06:04:28] Open file[C:\Users\surveillanceall\Desktop\TFTP\econt_Vision-AV2000] failure
That's not a real error - it's the Hikvision tftp updater commenting on the probe for ArecontVision devices that the DVR sends out when starting up.
What's the name of the firmware file in the tftp folder?

Reaction score
This is current version V3.4.84build 170626 on DS-7208HGHI-F1/N also i tried on VMware Win8.1 ... same i think this procedure is for a specific firmware. Doesnt work at all and i`m not a novice with pc and surveillance sistems. I saw many idian ppl on youtube with that procedure but nobody tell in tany video about they firmware versions. But i saw in tftp another ip address on the device and i guess it must be 192.0.0.68 . Anyway tnx for your help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The windows firewall is not the same as an anti-virus product. Worth checking if full inbound access to tftpserve.exe is allowed.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if it is full screen or not, that does not affect the interface settings.
If running in NAT mode, not bridged, that may affect the operation of the tftp updater.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I use connection between pc and dvr with cable .. not router
The Hikvision tftp updater is unreliable when used on a direct connection.
It works best when both PC and DVR are wired to a switch / router.

for bridge connection on lan interface we need 2 lan cards
i tried on VMware Win8.1
I was referring to when you said you were using a VMWare VM.
The bridge mode would be between the virtual network adaptor and the host network adaptor.

Reaction score
The Hikvision tftp updater is unreliable when used on a direct connection.
It works best when both PC and DVR are wired to a switch / router.

I was referring to when you said you were using a VMWare VM.
The bridge mode would be between the virtual network adaptor and the host network adaptor.
I understand ... the network adapter is not in bridge mode .... otherside in bridge mode 100% willnot work and i`m sure about that.