Help in selecting proper NVR

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the following cameras:
2x Dahua 4k HDW3549H-AS-PV-2080B
2x Dahua 4k HFW3549T1-AS-PV-2080B
2x Hikvision 1080p cameras (that I plan to connect to a Dahua NVR via onvif).
Possibly 1 more HFW3549T1 in the future, but not 100%

The question is - from what I understand reading the specifications of the NVRs - they can't handle recording multiple 4k streams? Is that correct or I am I reading it wrong?
What Dahua NVR do I have to select, that is compatible with the 3549 functions (perimeter protection) and be able to record & playback all 6 cameras in full resolution? I was thinking maybe 5216-4KS2 or 5232-4KS2, hoping that the higher channel count would allow this.

Let me know.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don’t think any are going to play back more than 4 at once. But you can record in full res across the board.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
from what I understand reading the specifications of the NVRs - they can't handle recording multiple 4k streams? Is that correct or I am I reading it wrong?
They can handle recording multiple 4k camera's as long as you stay within the bandwidth, the decoding is where it usually lacks. This is the amount of channels it can play back at once at a given resolution.

AFAIK from the NVR itself (be it when connected to a display or via the web interface) you can only playback 4 at once, like @ludshed said, but will be able to have live view of more cams. Using SmartPSS you can play back as many as you want, I just tried it with 22 at once and that works.

I'd indeed go with a NVR5216-4KS2 or NVR5208-4KS2. These are capable recorders with enough bandwidth (320 Mbps) and are compatible with perimeter protection by camera.