HELP -1600 ft over single mode fiber, 1 single conductor. SC connectors on the fiber

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like only 1 single mode conductor is available for me to connect my poe switches. Probably need a media converter? SFP ports on switch are empty and I'm not sure about using a sfp transceiver due to them needing LC connectors? ( the fibre has sc connector)

Anyone have experience with a single mode single conductor using sc connector? Is it limited to a lower speed due to it only having a single fibre conductor for connecting two switches/media converters over the distance of 1600ft? - simplex / half duplex / full duplex - ?

Any low cost equipment recomendations?

Thanks for any information.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe two strands/conductors for fiber is required for network connectivity. One is transmit, the other to receive.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like I can get a pair of media convertors that use a single conductor of single mode fiber accomodating the SC -UPC (blue) connector that can xmit several miles over the single mode fiber using only 1 conductor. Hopefully it will not be slow. I'd like to get a full gig between the two convertors.

I ordered a low cost pr off amazon to try. $40.00 arriving soon.