Hello

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris, I am demoing it now, as I am building a new house and hate my current cheap lorex set up. So far so good, I am really enjoying the features and the qualities, i will be asking for some help regarding cameras for my new house though.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris, I am demoing it now, as I am building a new house and hate my current cheap lorex set up. So far so good, I am really enjoying the features and the qualities, i will be asking for some help regarding cameras for my new house though.
Welcome @mbh

Great time to join us ..

Cabling imho is the most critical aspect of this ..

Feel free to share your house design and places you think you'd place the cameras, and we'd be happy to check and see what we would try to setup..

remember the N+1+ / N+1 cabling rules .. over cable while you can ... plan to run at least one extra cable to each location you think you need a cat5e/6 ..

Reaction score
I also started building a new house while collecting information on how to build and what to do)))