Hello! New Dahua 8MP setup

hex52

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello! New to this forum and amateur with cameras.

I've used BlueIris for 9 IP cameras for about six years using a mix of bullets (Hikvision rebranded Lorex/Swann) and wifi (Samsung, Amcrest). I am moving to a new house and looking to start from scratch using Dahua cameras while contining to use BlueIris.

Here are the products I am considering. Most locations will have lamps nearby which addresses the concern for low-light quality.

8x IPC-HDW5831R-ZE IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
2x IPC-K35S IPC-K35S | Dahua Technology
8x PFA130-E PFA130-E

The house is prewired with CAT6 for the 8 wired cameras. The 2 wireless will be for indoors and float around the house. So all I need to do for the most part is connect and position the cameras then configure.

My biggest question right now is using the proper junction box. I see that the PFA137 is the suggested accessory, but according to the following link and the trim plates on my walls, the PFA130-E might be the appropriate choice http://in.dahuasecurity.com/download/Accessory_Selection_201712294.pdf

I've never used junction boxes before so should this work? The picture below will have a camera on the left wall, a camera on top, and a flood light bottom right. The left camera will almost have to be angled 45 degrees to see the side of the house.

I heard Andy @EMPIRETECANDY is the go to guy for these cameras too, so I may be reaching out to him.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome hex52,

Either junction box should work well.

The PFA130-E will be more weather resistant due to the gasket. Note the gasket has been reported to make adjusting the eyeball a bit more challenging as it will hold onto the pigtail cable coming out of the eye ball - so using a PFA130-E will take a little more care during the initial installation as you will need to appropriately guess the amount of cable you need outside the junction box for the angle you wish to place the eye ball at.

If you have doubts you may want to order a single junction box from Andy and a HDW58xx camera to play with before completing your order.

hex52

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correction, top plate is for the flood light. Bottom plates for cameras (Blue CAT6)

Capture.PNG

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hello! New to this forum and amateur with cameras.

I've used BlueIris for 9 IP cameras for about six years using a mix of bullets (Hikvision rebranded Lorex/Swann) and wifi (Samsung, Amcrest). I am moving to a new house and looking to start from scratch using Dahua cameras while contining to use BlueIris.

Here are the products I am considering. Most locations will have lamps nearby which addresses the concern for low-light quality.

8x IPC-HDW5831R-ZE IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
2x IPC-K35S IPC-K35S | Dahua Technology
8x PFA130-E PFA130-E

The house is prewired with CAT6 for the 8 wired cameras. The 2 wireless will be for indoors and float around the house. So all I need to do for the most part is connect and position the cameras then configure.

My biggest question right now is using the proper junction box. I see that the PFA137 is the suggested accessory, but according to the following link and the trim plates on my walls, the PFA130-E might be the appropriate choice http://in.dahuasecurity.com/download/Accessory_Selection_201712294.pdf

I've never used junction boxes before so should this work? The picture below will have a camera on the left wall, a camera on top, and a flood light bottom right. The left camera will almost have to be angled 45 degrees to see the side of the house.

I heard Andy @EMPIRETECANDY is the go to guy for these cameras too, so I may be reaching out to him.

Thanks!

View attachment 28753
Yes, use PFA130-E also better because it's waterproof, just little expensive than the PFA137, PFA130-E looke more professional. Seems all stock in. IPC-K35A, we have this one stock in, you can use this one is fine. Also POE.