Hello, I'm looking for a good budget system for a home with no internet and has had a recent theft issue.

JustTyler

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, Hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. I'm looking for a system that locally records and can easily be hidden. The property has no internet and to get even a 4meg connection it would be $60/mo. The home is an old trailer with many rooms added on to it over the years. My absolute budget is about $500. My mom passed away and my dad has been living there. But recently he's had a medical emergency and is in the hospital. During this time someone broke in and stole his TV and other items. I've been looking for a decent system for a minute now and it all seems complicated. I'm somewhat tech savvy as I've built multiple pcs and am a pc gamer. But cameras seem to be a whole different world haha.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
First thing I would do it pickup a Simply Safe alarm (or other good system)
Cameras are only good for seeing what happened, you need an alarm to actually catch someone in progress.
I have several of the simply safe alarm systems and they work well and dispatch pretty fast.

Then look into a security camera system. It will be nice to be able to check in on your father once he's back home.