Heavy Beams Fall In The Street

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
A Reach Forklift was being used to haul some beams. It appears one side became loose and slipped off the cable. At the 1:40 mark, a liquid starts to appear under the forklift. At the 5:00 minute mark, the driver says something to the guy in the dark jersey. The guy in the jersey walks off and comes back with a bucket and starts dumping something on the liquid under the forklift. I think the leak may have come from a container on top of one of the beams. At the 9:40 mark, as the forklift enters the driveway, one guy starts wiping down the area on top of one of the beams near the container.

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Watching the dark footsteps to the left, the fluid is coming from the piece being carried, not the forklift. You can make out the hydraulic reservoir when they get it picked back up (and motor when they turn the corner), so they probably just just broke a fitting. I'd bet a car lift as well. If it's a 2 post and that slab isn't set up for it, we'll get to enjoy some more footage when it rips itself out of the ground.

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder if that is a 2 post lift of some nature and the hydraulics were leaking?
That's what I was thinking but the lifts I've seen lately used cables, not sure, anyway, I also don't think I would hire those guys for anything.

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the use cables to "tie" both sides of the lift member together but the actual lift force is a hydraulic cylinder.
Interesting, I've always seen the cables so I thought it was winch driven. I think that's what it was then.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A Reach Forklift was being used to haul some beams. It appears one side became loose and slipped off the cable. At the 1:40 mark, a liquid starts to appear under the forklift. At the 5:00 minute mark, the driver says something to the guy in the dark jersey. The guy in the jersey walks off and comes back with a bucket and starts dumping something on the liquid under the forklift. I think the leak may have come from a container on top of one of the beams. At the 9:40 mark, as the forklift enters the driveway, one guy starts wiping down the area on top of one of the beams near the container.

I recognize these guys in that video.

1622066782732.png