HDW5231R-Z always recording as motion?

MNDude

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
Have a weird one here that is puzzling me. I have the 5231R-Z and set to record on motion and always record. That way if something happens, I can zoom into where the motion events were marked. I know IVS is probably the better solution but....it works for now.

My neighbor bought 4 of these same cameras from Andy as well. With his setup (same as mine), the cameras always show as recording motion (yellow) and very small and erratic bits of normal recording (green).
I looked at his camera and Smart-PSS versions compared to mine - the same.
I looked at the settings and they are the same as mine for both the camera and PC-NVR.

I'm totally stumped at this point and can only think of factory default the cameras, remove from Smart-PSS and add again.

Any words of wisdom from the more knowledgeable masses? Thanks in advance!

Cam info:
IPC-HDW5231R-Z
Software Version: 2.460.0000.14.R
Build Date: 2017-07-20
Web Version: 3.2.1.474688
ONVIF Version: 16.12(v2.3.1.458331

Smart PSS info:
Version 1.16.1 2017-02-20

I can take snaps of the config if required, but basically always record (green) and record on motion(yellow)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are all 4 cameras doing the same thing?

Is the MD sensitivity set at the NVR or the camera? have you checked the defined MD region and sensitivity settings?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am wondering if all the cameras have the same firmware versions, and are both computers running the same Smart-PSS versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNDude

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes all 4 of my neighbors cameras are doing the same thing.
My two appear to be working as desired.
His cameras have the same FW as mine. We also have the same PSS version.
No IVS tripwires or anything defined.
PC-NVR record plan is Regular and MD on both his an mine.
Camera settings set to record in Regular and MD on both his and mine.
MD sensitivity set on camera. We have tried increasing the sensitivity and threshold and to no avail.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You mean "decreasing" sensitivity right?

maybe post a short clip of one camera during MD event and the camera MD sensitivity/region setting screen...?

MNDude

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I meant decreasing sensitivity. Yes we can post a clip but have to wait till next week when he is available. Thanks all for the assist.