Has anyone tinkered with Blue Iris's "auto-cycle - favor cameras that are triggered" ?

Reaction score
My first run of UI3 on a 10" tablet all last night with all 16 camera's displayed.
One issue I found out immediately is that when laying in bed, I have to have the tablet nearby to see the many camera boxes on the grid view. My tablet must be old (lollipop 4.0 I believe) as would not do UI3 H.264 but only JPEG streaming and the UI3 audio alert on a triggered camera requires H.264.
I talked to @bp2008 about some UI3 stuff and he clarified that auto-cycling is 100% controlled via Blue Iris. He showed me a picture of a Blue Iris menu to tinker with, which I never knew existed.
The end result is that I would like to hang a tablet on a wall running UI3 a couple feet from the bed 24/7 along with profiles (which I have to finally learn to do) and have full screen of a camera that is triggered via IVS tripwire or motion. Before I go down the rabbit hole of learning, can anyone speak of their good/bad/it just works opinion of the "auto-cycle : favor cameras that are triggered" selection?
qDoF18x.jpg

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not like auto cycle because of all the different video you need to focus on. Kind of drives you crazy after a while. I just select the cams that are mission critical into a group and display them constantly. It is easier to see what is moving/changing. Not only that, when cycling with priority trigger, has the target left the area or just stopped for awhile and not triggering? If you have a problem with too many cams, get a bigger monitor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will have to do some research. I have a 49" bedroom Roku Smart TV, I have Blue Iris, I have Home Assistant, I have a DSC alarm panel with Envysalink network card. I believe, I might be able to have something like a triggered outdoor PIR send signal to the DSC panel which in turns sends via MQTT to Home Assistant which turns on the Roku TV and swaps source to Blue Iris. Maybe :) I'll have to get a HDMI splitter.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does your Roku TV have a web browser? If so, it probably does not support h264 decode, but you could use browser to stream jpg from BI UI3.