Hard whack to the pole

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like landscape guy tried to break up a large limb by whacking it on the pole holding the cameras.

The 5442 overview cam held up well but the older 5231-Z12 LPR cam not so much

I can’t get it to focus except at one very small point in the zoom range. I spose the lens got knocked off center. Good excuse for an upgrade to a 5241, unless one of these newer cams can do good LPR at 120ft?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good thing you have video evidence to send to the company to reimburse you for the camera!

Yes the Z12E is still the camera of choice at that distance.

You are moving, so this isn't your problem anymore LOL

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm technically still a homeowner till 5/31 ;) Then theyre gonna pay me a small monthly fee to maintain stuff and I still get to use their infrastructure and nice views for testing cams!

Side note- we listed Friday afternoon, appointment only.
Had 2 showings and 3 offers Saturday (one phone in from out of state), 2 showings and 2 offers Monday all above ask. The last 2 got into a bid war for fully furnished and ended up at the same number $41K over ask so we accepted both. We gave preference to a young couple with baby in the oven. The other is a backup in the event the couple has funding issues, but it all looks good.

Its NUTZ down here. I actually felt dirty that we were getting what we got for the place.

Reaction score
I'm technically still a homeowner till 5/31 ;) Then theyre gonna pay me a small monthly fee to maintain stuff and I still get to use their infrastructure and nice views for testing cams!

Side note- we listed Friday afternoon, appointment only.
Had 2 showings and 3 offers Saturday (one phone in from out of state), 2 showings and 2 offers Monday all above ask. The last 2 got into a bid war for fully furnished and ended up at the same number $41K over ask so we accepted both. We gave preference to a young couple with baby in the oven. The other is a backup in the event the couple has funding issues, but it all looks good.

Its NUTZ down here. I actually felt dirty that we were getting what we got for the place.
Yeah, its the same here in San Antonio, TX. The problem is that for people like us (we aren't moving) our property taxes just keep going up and up. It's f******g stupid now. Don't care how much my house is worth.....it has to stop at some point. But for you, congrats!!!!

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, its the same here in San Antonio, TX. The problem is that for people like us (we aren't moving) our property taxes just keep going up and up. It's f******g stupid now. Don't care how much my house is worth.....it has to stop at some point. But for you, congrats!!!!
What are property taxes like there?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
How the Bastards set the value, is by what just sold. So if I put 100K-120K into the house I can sell it for
their price. Talk about taxing against future gains!

I once did the math IIRC the $160K house paid off was $320K-$350K plus about $3600 per year taxes.
So, at least 108K in taxes plus $200K interest (rounded up as this keeps up with tax increases) upkeep
as much as a disabled person can and fixed income, HELL YES! At least we are well off compared to a whole
bunch of others.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Just up the road 30 minutes to VERY conservative, gun friendly Lake County.

We had bought a manufactured home for mom 6-7 years ago on a canal to the big lake chain. We had always thought we’d retire there and do the snowbird thing back n forth to the mountains of PA where her brother lives for hunting season/Holidays.

We’re just speeding that up a few years since mom had the jab stroke April ‘21, I’ve effectively been living with her anyway. Wife said it was time we got back to living in the same house.

75B3604E-1F84-49E5-B031-A8DA2112A415.jpegB1218854-CB16-41B9-AEEA-5568A17818EE.jpeg

Reaction score
We’re just speeding that up a few years since mom had the jab stroke April ‘21, I’ve effectively been living with her anyway. Wife said it was time we got back to living in the same house.
I remember that. Hope she is doing better. Very nice being on the water like that. I have friends in Weeki Wachee that have a place on a small lake. Very nice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The taxes are going up because the local municipality doesnt have any constraints on their spending so they keep increasing their budget. Your homes value increase should have a net zero effect if the home prices are increasing proportionally in the municipality. For example if the municipal budget is 10 million and the total taxable land value in the municipality is one billion, they need to tax you at a 1 percent rate. If everyone's home value suddenly increased by 100 percent, making the taxable land value 2 billion, they would then only have to tax you at 0.5 percent to get the same 10 million dollars.

That said I wish I had a 4k property tax bill. In most of NJ, depending on the town, the property tax rate is about 2.1 - 4.05 percent of the assessed value. So in some areas you are paying 20k in taxes on a 500k property, though most have older assessments that dont get revised and pay about 12-16k on their 500-800k homes.