Hacking a wifi home cam

Reaction score
EDITED BY FENDERMAN: THIS USER IS A SPAMMER. DONT TRUST COMPANIES WHO EMPLOY THESE SCAMMERS. AVOID!
Hi, I want to buy a wifi home cam, but I 'm very concerned about the security of my data stored on the internet. Can those cam be hacked ? I've heard about this cam - Homam, they say it can't be hacked at all, has anyone been using it? I'd like to hear an honest review on this cam from the firsthand. Please, share your thoughts, I'd appreciate any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I want to buy a wifi home cam, but I 'm very concerned about the security of my data stored on the internet. Can those cam be hacked ? I've heard about this cam - Homam, they say it can't be hacked at all, has anyone been using it? I'd like to hear an honest review on this cam from the firsthand. Please, share your thoughts, I'd appreciate any help.
$499 for that? Anybody who has done any research here would not buy a WiFI camera to begin with specifically with proprietary file system. If you are not a Troll for that company, than I would suggest you do some basic research here before you go dumping $499 for that, TONS of better options for that kind of $$$. Any system can be hacked.

Start here--->IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That is a lot of money for a wifi camera that does not even specify what sensor is in it. Get something proven. There are lots of options to store your video locally.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you do not want a camera to be hacked, then do not let it have internet access. Wifi is easy to jam with very little equipment, so it will make your camera useless. WIFI should not be used for reliable security and surveillance.

Go with a good Dahua, hikvision camera, or any of the rebranded cameras of these manufactures.

Wired cameras are the way to go for security and survallance.

Hackers do not want to steal your video, they want to turn your camera into a BOT. They want to monitor your network traffic.

Read study plan before spending your money.
Please read the IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes and other items in the IP Cam Talk Wiki. (read on a real computer, not a phone). The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @BronteRoberts

For $500 I don't see a lot of people wanting to drop that on one camera...

Edit: update BronteRoberts is a part of the scammer spammer fraudulent marketing campaign on behalf of Zorachka, founder / ceo is Ruslan Vinahradau (Russell Grapes)

info from Amazon page:
Homam 64GB - Home Wi-Fi Camera with Embedded Storage. Full Privacy. No Monthly Fee. Easy to Use. Anthracite Grey Aluminum with Tinted Glass.
Visit the Zorachka Store
4.1 out of 5 stars 4 ratings
  • Embedded Storage. Homam records video to built-in storage. Encryption keys are not transferred to the cloud. The quality of video and sound in the archive is high, because there’s no need for the constant use of Wi-Fi. Unlike cameras that depend on the internet to transfer data to a cloud, which multiplies the camera’s price over the next few years, Homam has no additional costs for the archive.
  • Simple App. Scroll the timeline left and right to view any moment from the past. Video analytics is now easy to use. Faces and animals are displayed in bubbles on the timeline. Movement and sound are displayed in the archive in the form of waves.
  • Superior Hardware. Unique microphone array for clear audio capture. Stereo speakers for pure two-way audio conversation. Powerful video system: 7-glass, low-distortion fisheye lens custom-made by Zorachka, HDR colors, extreme low light performance, clear night vision with 8 dynamic IR LEDs. Body: Anodized aluminum, dark front glass and Magic Base with super magnets (table, shelf or wall).
  • Hyper Optimized Video Streaming Protocol by Zorachka Inc. The protocol allows high-quality video to be transferred through the mobile network in real time without buffering, with minimal delay. It enables a stable connection even with a weak Wi-Fi signal. This solution also dramatically reduces the required internet bandwidth without quality loss.
  • Multi-IP System. Whether you're connecting on your local home network, from another part of the city or even from another country, the multi-IP system will always find and establish the shortest path between the camera and your device. It works from all corners of the world and guarantees the fastest possible rate of data transmission.

Homam specifications
Storage Video storage size and type: Up to 256GB e.MMC
File system: Zorachka-patented technology
Security: AES/RSA
Lens Technology: 7-glass, low-distortion fisheye lens, custom-made by Zorachka*
Field of view: Diagonal 156°, horizontal 134°, vertical 75°
Focal length: 2.1mm
Aperture: F1.8
Resolution: 5MP ( however the sensor is listed as a 2MP 1080P res sensor.. )

Sensor
Technology: Sony STARVIS back-illuminated color CMOS
Resolution: 1920 × 1080
Wide dynamic range
Multiple exposure WDR; digital overlap WDR
Frame rate: 60fps

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It says its a 5mp lens, but then shows as 1920x1080 as resolution in the sensor specs....

Also no mention of sensor size.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1606968801232.png

Well, I suspect BronteRoberts knows AngusDonnelly fairly well.. I mean.. Matthias Schroder .. umm Steven Hastings.. no Ralph Malone.. wait.. Danny McCabe... Thomas Parks??

Well certainly Bronte Roberts probably knows them all I am guessing,.. unless he's willing to come here and reply we can assume:

Zorachka is a Scammy company selling a crap camera not worth the money. Tags: homam zorachka spammers scammers astroturfers fraudulent marketing

AngusDonnelly

AngusDonnelly
I'm looking for a home camera!
Hi, my wife and I are looking for a home camera (specifically a babysitter camera). Our previous camera was poor in quality, but it often started recording, even if no one was in the room. Friends advised the Homam camera, but I would like to hear someone else's opinion. We will be grateful for any help.

1606968688904.png

1606968859862.png

1606969000307.png
1606969603961.png
1606969634872.png
1606970079715.png

1606969261111.png

1606969325212.png

1606969353829.png

1606969914201.png

Reaction score
Check out the U.S. business address for Zorachka. It's a 1600 square foot townhouse in a residential neighborhood. Yeah, no red flags there. :rofl:

My question is this: which rebranded < $50 Chinese camera is being sold as the $499 Homam?

And someone needs to explain to this guy that you don't pick names in English by combining random phonemes and words together. Homam? Russell Grapes? Seriously?

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.