Hacked FW Upgraded "Successfully", But...

Rugen

n3wb
Reaction score
In 2014, I bought my first 3 Hikvision cameras (DS-CD2132-I) from Amazon. Since then I've always purchased them through a distributor. I just added a new camera to this bunch and decided to upgrade the iVMS-4200 software and the camera firmware so that all could use hik-connect. The upgrade to 5.4.41 completed "successfully", but the subsequent upgrade to 5.4.5 failed due to a language mismatch (I had forgot that the original 3 came from Amazon until this point). These cameras are not bricked, but lost some functionality. These cameras can no longer be connected to iVMS-4200 software and they cannot be pulled up in a web browser (both report the language mismatch). The Hikvision configuration tool can still be used to configure these cameras, and the iVMS-4500 app has no issues displaying these cameras.

I've done a lot of reading about bricked cameras in these forums, but I haven't come across this scenario. It appears that the cameras are fully functional, but the iVMS-4200 software refuses to connect because of the language mismatch. Does anyone have an easy way to restore this functionality? I'm guessing that using 3rd party camera software would work, but since I'm familiar with iVMS-4200, I'd like to stick with it if possible. I did send a message to the seller of these cameras, but since they no longer sell Hikvision products, I'm guessing they will be no help.