H.265 Help

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In my Hikvision cameras, I have enabled H265+, in BI, I've enabled Intel+VPP. Restart of the computer and I go to the web server, right click the video for the camera > Stats for Nerds > and it says H264. What am I doing wrong?

Latest Firefox, latest BI, latest firmware.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cameras support it, states it in the manual and an option in the config. Everything has been restarted.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In my Hikvision cameras, I have enabled H265+, in BI, I've enabled Intel+VPP. Restart of the computer and I go to the web server, right click the video for the camera > Stats for Nerds > and it says H264. What am I doing wrong?

Latest Firefox, latest BI, latest firmware.
BI does not support h265+. Just h265. Use intel.
As far as UI3, it only streams h264.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, I didn't notice the + after the 265.

To see what the camera is actually doing, on the upper left of the BI console screen click on the graph with the lightning bolt. Then click on the cameras tab. Every camera will be listed along with hardware acceleration and mode, if that's selected for the camera(s) as well as bit rate and iframe rate for both main and sub streams, if you're using sub streams.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So now Hik and Dahua both have products in the realm of h265+? Oh wait Dahua has POE+...duh..........Gonna google the + specs....
Don't waste your time googling the specs LOL - the H265+ has been around on these cameas for awhile - we just do not use them with BI...

And +1 on H265 doesn't save as much as the hype. I get literally a few minutes savings over H264.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, I didn't notice the + after the 265.

To see what the camera is actually doing, on the upper left of the BI console screen click on the graph with the lightning bolt. Then click on the cameras tab. Every camera will be listed along with hardware acceleration and mode, if that's selected for the camera(s) as well as bit rate and iframe rate for both main and sub streams, if you're using sub streams.
Thank you, it says under HA: I+

Frankly, 265 isn't worth the hype it gets. Maybe 5-10% less disk space than 264.
True, but I only have a 1TB drive at the moment, so every bit helps.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I+ means Intel Plus. You need to get a larger hard drive especially if you're recording 24/7. You can also find the help file for BI in that same area where the stats come up from on the console. It'll save you lots of time.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I inherited a 2013 "Eyemax" PC. It had 500 GB drive. WD green 5400 rpm. 16 analog dongles coming off a PCI card. Thats what got me into this fine mess here. :)