Got a handful of Dahua 4MP Starlight Turrets with Mics in - $75

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Quick queries before I order--I don't use an NVR--I assume these are fully manageable via browser (live view/playback/config).

Only other question i I'm used to ivms-4500 (hikvision app) on my phone. Do you know if I can add this camera to that to view footage? Not sure whether protocol is compatible or not. Don't know if this app uses onvif.

Thanks!

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey There!

Yes, these are fully manageable via web browser. If you want to view playback, you will need to stick an SD card in them.

These cameras do not work on the Hikvision App. The Hik App uses the Hik proprietary protocol so you cant pull them in via Onvif to ivms4200. These use the Dahua app (GDMSS)

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey There!

Yes, these are fully manageable via web browser. If you want to view playback, you will need to stick an SD card in them.

These cameras do not work on the Hikvision App. The Hik App uses the Hik proprietary protocol so you cant pull them in via Onvif to ivms4200. These use the Dahua app (GDMSS)
Very good, thanks :)

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The website ad does not specify if these are 2.8mm or 3.6mm. Can you please clarify what lens they have?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Not only is Sean great- these cameras are great. I have them and I have videos of them in my youtube playlist in my signature. Some people don't like the plastic base but I love it! These cameras were very easy to mount because of that camera snap-mount.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How high do you have them mounted? Also, what base are you using? Aren't the plastic bases more prone and vulnerable to the elements and tampering?

Not only is Sean great- these cameras are great. I have them and I have videos of them in my youtube playlist in my signature. Some people don't like the plastic base but I love it! These cameras were very easy to mount because of that camera snap-mount.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
How high do you have them mounted? Also, what base are you using? Aren't the plastic bases more prone and vulnerable to the elements and tampering?
On average 9' with most between 8-9'. Bases range from pole mount and round mounts. Frankly I think any camera is vulnerable to tampering. How often do we see cameras actually being tampered with really? Crime looks to be happening pretty matter of factly right in front of cameras without the need for tampering. I mean what, beating a camera with a bat? Manhandling it out of place? Why go through that when simple spray paint does the job quietly. Traditional metal base cameras that lock in with a set screw would be a better choice in commercial settings at lower heights than these plastic snap base cameras. You could say that but I'm not sure it matters that much. For residential applications, these are fine. I can't overstate how much easier these cameras are to mount and aim. I truly appreciated it when installing. How the plastic bases will hold up over time remains to be seen. I suspect just fine. If anything is lacking in a more substantial way is deeper AI IVS choices. As it stands, it's just trip wire and intrusion. If you need people and cars you'll need to choose another camera. IME, trips and intrusions are enough for me at least. YMMV.