Good Morning :) and happy Monday.

mattoman

n3wb
Reaction score
I just joined, from Pennsylvania and want to understand more about how to better use my camera setup. I was using a Dahua NVR with 16 cameras attached to it. I have opted to build a computer with decent specs and have 12tbs of storage and use this to replace my NVR. I currently am using Smart PSS software on this computer. I want to know if the Smart PSS software is the best choice for my application (office surveillance). I plan to add another 10 cameras, both inside and outside the building. I know that Blue Iris is available, I wasn't sure if it would be a better choice over Smart PSS. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you, Matt

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

I've used Blue Iris since I started with my own surveillance system about five years ago. I gave SmartPSS a try and there is no comparison. BI is far more lfexible and feature packed, now includes AI with DeepStack integration. It does come at the cost of a fairly steep learning curve. Try downloading the demo version, set up a few cameras and see how it really works for you, every situation is different. Also, have a look at the material in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top of the page, on a real computer. Lots of valuable information in there but read it on a real computer, not a phone or laptop.

mattoman

n3wb
Reaction score
:welcome:

I've used Blue Iris since I started with my own surveillance system about five years ago. I gave SmartPSS a try and there is no comparison. BI is far more lfexible and feature packed, now includes AI with DeepStack integration. It does come at the cost of a fairly steep learning curve. Try downloading the demo version, set up a few cameras and see how it really works for you, every situation is different. Also, have a look at the material in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top of the page, on a real computer. Lots of valuable information in there but read it on a real computer, not a phone or laptop.
Thank you, I will give it a try.