Going from SuperLive to TinyCam with a Generic

Marc2k

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @alexvas I'm hoping you might have some suggestions for me. I'm trying to move a friend off of SuperLive Plus and on to TinyCam Pro. He's got a Generic 4 channel DVR with what I suspect are 960H cameras. While the system doesn't have any visible branding on it, the DVR interface looks a lot like the Qsee interface - all the screens look the same (to me).

In the SuperLive app the only information we put in is his domain, port, username and pw - so it looks something like this:

hisdomain.no-ip.org:8001 (not the actual url, but an example)
username
pw

That's it - and then it manages to be able to pull up all 4 channels.

If I look at other info in the app and on the DVR interface, I do also see a "Server" port of 6036. But there's no mention of an RTSP port or other ports - and no information put in there about camera channels.

SO - I've been trying alllllll sorts of things in trying to add the cameras to TinyCam Pro, but I'm not having any luck. The closest I've gotten is using the "Generic" option, entering his domain in the format of "http://hisdomain.no-ip.org:8001" (w/o the quotes) and trying Snapshot and Server Push protocols.

Checking the status, it shows that it's receiving frames at 8 fps - data rate 25 KB/sec - but dropped frames is 100% and then Displayed frames: 0.0 fps

Like I say, I've try alllllllllll sorts of other combinations - options that would let me use RTSP at the default of 554 and even trying that 6036 port for RTSP. I tried the Qsee cameras because the DVR interface looked the same too, but no luck.

Any ideas on what I can try? I'm happy to give you url and login if you'd like to experiment with it. I'd really like to get him off of SL and on to TinyCam Pro. :)

Thanks!

Marc2k

n3wb
Reaction score
BTW, just wanted to add that I just now tried the Q-See QT426 camera option. I changed the "Video port number" from 554 to 6036 and in the Camera Status I was seeing some good speeds:
Received frames: 29 fps
Data rate: 73 KB/sec

but - Displayed frames: 0.0 fps and Dropped frames was 100% still.

Soooo - it really seems like it's getting *something* from the system, but yeah - something is still missing.

Thanks again for any help!

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Can you provide me a temporary live access to your DVR for troubleshooting? Send PM please.

kots

n3wb
Reaction score
I have figured this out. SuperLive app is for various NVR made by TVT. In my case, my NVR is rebadged as Titanium NVR.

To use TinyCam, select Generic, RTSP over TCP and use this address in this format: rtsp:/<ip address>:554/chID=1&streamType=main

Just vary the chID=1 to different channels. Hope that works for you.

Maybe this can be added in Tinycam under TVT/Titanium brand NVR. Enjoy!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EICP

n3wb
Reaction score
I have figured this out. SuperLive app is for various NVR made by TVT. In my case, my NVR is rebadged as Titanium NVR.

To use TinyCam, select Generic, RTSP over TCP and use this address in this format: rtsp:/<ip address>:554/chID=1&streamType=main

Just vary the chID=1 to different channels. Hope that works for you.

Maybe this can be added in Tinycam under TVT/Titanium brand NVR. Enjoy!
Hi,
I have a td-2104ts-sl DVR and 3 cameras (I think generic) and who installed it also used the SuperLive Plus app.

I made a search on Tinycam Monitor Pro using the option to show unknown devices. It found 2 things: Linux MJPG-streamer and Motorola Blink1.
Both show that are receiving frames but with 100% lost.

On the SuperLive Plus it says that the http port is 80, server port 6036 and static ip. Besides that, it has the serial number from the dvr, the username/pass (which i know) and my external ip.
So, i think it's more or less the same asked here.

Can you provide me screenshots about how do you have set up the Tinycam to work in this case at home and out of home?

Thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.