Ghetto apartment install complete!

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just finished another complex yesterday, total of 62 cameras. 4MP on the interior and 8 MP on exterior. I will be posting some video of the last apartment complex I did for the same property manager as soon as they guy is caught. a few days ago a guy breaks into a apartment and set in on fire then 2 min later goes into the stairwell to change his clothes directly in front of a camera. The footage could not have been any better! the last system has been complete for a little over a month and they have already caught 3 people breaking into apartments, 1 guy taking a dump in the middle of a hallway, 1 car getting the windows smashed out.

Attachments

StefanB

n3wb
Reaction score
The conduit and connectors you are using, what are they? Doesn't look at all like the stuff we get in deepest darkest Africa.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The conduit and connectors you are using, what are they? Doesn't look at all like the stuff we get in deepest darkest Africa.
The conduit is schedule 80 1/2'' PVC conduit and we also use pull 90's to go around the corners which I think Is a much cleaner look than using pre bent 90's and makes pulling cable pretty easy. I only use PVC when the conduit is not accessible. when it is I will switch to EMT or ridged conduit. And I also never use PVC straps! stick with metal straps. Over time the straps break and the pipe sags and looks really bad