Getting 100% Dropped Frames after recent Zmodo firmware update

neurolizer

n3wb
Reaction score
I hadn't been using my Zmodo ZM-SH75D001-WA for a while, but fired it up recently and was excited to see it was still setup and working in my Tinycam settings. A few days later I logged into the Zmodo app and absent mindedly let it update the camera firmware to V7.4.1.26 (unfortunately don't remember what version it was before). Now I can't see this camera's feed in Tinycam anymore. When I check the camera status in Tinycam, it shows 100% dropped frames (see attached image). Haven't been able to get it working again. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly the camera has changed its IP address, maybe after rebooting if it's using DHCP with no reservations or not using a static IP address.
Check your router 'Connected devices' or use a search tool to confirm the IP address.

neurolizer

n3wb
Reaction score
The IP is static and hasn't changed, double checked that a few times. If the IP was wrong, I wouldn't be receiving frames would I (serious question)? I wonder if something changed in the firmware update so that Tinycam doesn't support the proprietary protocol anymore?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hadn't been using my Zmodo ZM-SH75D001-WA for a while, but fired it up recently and was excited to see it was still setup and working in my Tinycam settings. A few days later I logged into the Zmodo app and absent mindedly let it update the camera firmware to V7.4.1.26 (unfortunately don't remember what version it was before). Now I can't see this camera's feed in Tinycam anymore. When I check the camera status in Tinycam, it shows 100% dropped frames (see attached image). Haven't been able to get it working again. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome @neurolizer

This is a great opportunity to toss that zmodo / funlux / MeShare junk.

Owners of that product have reported numerous issues with zmodo updates changing cameras from able to do local recording / streaming into cloud ONLY cameras.

imho there is a very high chance you have just stepped into that big pile of sh*t.
( if it works in the zmodo app, and not tiny cam - this is what happened )

Time to toss those beat up broken up shoes as they're not worth cleaning up and saving. ( shoes = camera in this case )